Active Now

Malizz
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Travel » What is a popular tourist attraction that you would never visit and why?

What is a popular tourist attraction that you would never visit and why?

Posted - July 30, 2020

Responses

Anything in NYC. Why? Because it's in NYC.
      July 30, 2020 6:58 AM MDT

• I have similar feelings towards Las Vegas.  Just a cash dump that's really not my idea of entertainment. 
      July 30, 2020 7:03 AM MDT

That's another on my f***it list.
      July 30, 2020 7:05 AM MDT

Any of the most overcrowded ones, due to the crowds and the commercialization.  Also, another aspects of crowds is the litter and pollution; I would not want to contribute to those.

Eiffel Tower
    Coliseum
    Leaning Tower
    Taj Mahal
    White House (in addition to overcrowding, protest, demonstrations)
    Empire State Building
    Hollywood Walk of Fame
    Ganges River
    Mount Rushmore
    NASA
    Little Big Horn
    Lizzie Borden House
    Amsterdam’s Red Light District
    Red Square in Moscow
    Forbidden City in China
    and many more

There are others I would not visit due to the emotional toll and/or their meaning in history.

Auschwitz
    Dachën
    Buchenwald
    Hanoi Hilton
    Robbin Island
    Attica
    Lorraine Hotel, Memphis
    Grassy Knoll
    and many more

Lastly, ones I would not visit due to extreme and profound lack of interest. 

Mount Everest
    North Pole
    South Pole
    Tilde Museum of Modern Art (just seeing if you’re paying attention)
    NYSE
    Greenwich Village
    Bermuda Triangle
    and many more 

~

July 30, 2020 7:09 AM MDT

• I wonder if the food court in Forbidden City has a Taco Bell yet. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at July 30, 2020 7:16 AM MDT
      July 30, 2020 7:12 AM MDT

LOL. It’s probably between two of the seven Starbucks. 

~

July 30, 2020 7:16 AM MDT

I have been to three of those (first list), and numerous others in the early 80s, none of which were crowded.
      July 30, 2020 8:50 AM MDT

Your point?  That was 40 years ago. Perhaps on the particular visits when you were there they weren’t overcrowded, or they’ve become more crowded since then.
    ~

July 30, 2020 4:57 PM MDT

• It's unfortunate how crowded these places have become. I've been to some of those, though mostly during the off-season (if there is one). 
      July 30, 2020 2:47 PM MDT

• I'm not particularly interested in "roadside attractions" or places that use cheap thrills. My parents and I visited the Queen Mary in Long Beach and basically had the entire ship to ourselves (it was during the off-season, a weird time of day, and no one was there. It was great). 
      July 30, 2020 2:48 PM MDT

• Sounds like a good time.  I haven't been out to the west coast but if I was in the area I would want to see that. 
      July 31, 2020 5:45 AM MDT

Disneyland. It's a people trap operated by a mouse.
      July 30, 2020 5:09 PM MDT

• Yea...not a fan either.  But I have a feeling this trip is going to be inevitable sometime in the next 10 years.  I'm still preparing myself for it. 
      July 31, 2020 5:46 AM MDT

The Coombs market on Vancouver Island.  Every year tourist from all around the World visit it to see the goats on the roof. I only live a few miles away from it but I won't go there because I figure the goats pee and poop on the roof and it gets into the wood so it is not healthy. Plus I have some sour grapes with goats because years ago a goat gave me a head butt and almost knocked me out so now a days when I see a goat I want to challenge it to a re match. Cheers!
      July 30, 2020 5:59 PM MDT

• All this goat hatred has suddenly surfaced.  Just a couple days ago you were talking about how you'd like to see a fainting goat on a surfboard. What happened?  Were there repressed memories that resurfaced?
      July 31, 2020 5:47 AM MDT

A  couple of days ago I think I was just thinking it would be funny to see a fainting goat on a surfboard  but who knows maybe I do have some repressed feelings towards goats and I might always have then unless I win a head butting contest with one - my head is a lot thicker now so I think I got a good chance. Cheers and happy weekend! This post was edited by Nanoose at July 31, 2020 8:54 PM MDT
      July 31, 2020 8:05 PM MDT