Active Now

Spunky
Malizz
Zack
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Jobs » Which foods and drinks do you (or did you) usually keep in the fridge at your workplace? ~

Which foods and drinks do you (or did you) usually keep in the fridge at your workplace? ~

Posted - August 9, 2020

Responses

Whenever I bring leftovers from home, the lunch box goes straight in the fridge. Other than that, nada.
      August 9, 2020 4:29 PM MDT

I had a little frig in my office and kept water, Diet Pepsi, sliced ham, cheese, bag salad, dressing, and sometimes ice cream sandwiches.  People knew they could get into it.  I would find dollar bills and change in the cup I kept on top of it.  It was fine. 
      August 9, 2020 6:56 PM MDT

August 9, 2020 7:51 PM MDT

I have little mini fridge in my office, I’m rarely working in office lately, but when I was working in full weeks, I would take in on Monday containers of baby carrots, chopped up peppers, cherry tomatoes, stuff like that to have for the week. Also keep water in there.

There’s a common kitchen area just down the hall from my office but I never used it Cos I work with mostly men and it is always filthy, at least the fridge is IMO. It got back to my boss that I wouldn’t use the kitchen for that reason, so he bought me my own fridge, microwave and kettle for me office. 

August 9, 2020 7:31 PM MDT

I was the same way in my work life at my most recent job location. The breakroom should have been designated a toxic waste site by the government. No one cleaned up after himself or herself, microwaves had encrusted lava spills in them, scientific experimentation was going on in the two full-sized refrigerators (we had over 120 or 140 employees on three shifts) that no one ever recovered or threw out, etc.
      At our weekly meetings when the filth was brought up, some lunkhead would invariably pipe up, “But the cleaning crew should be taking care of the kitchen area”.  Time and time again, management reminded us the the cleaning crew emptied trash cans, swept floors daily, mopped floors weekly, vacuumed carpets weekly, cleaned toilets and restroom sinks, AND THAT WAS IT. They were not responsible for touching any food-related items or dishes/utensils that belonged to employees, and they certainly were not responsible for cleaning microwaves, toaster ovens, and fridges. 
      I had my own tiny fridge and whenever I used the microwave, I would clean it twice; once before putting my food into it and once after I was finished. I eventually took my own electric portable food heater to the office and stopped using their microwave altogether. 

~

August 9, 2020 7:50 PM MDT

I’ve never even once looked inside the microwave in the lunch room, too scared lol :) 
      August 10, 2020 5:13 AM MDT

I don't have a fridge at my workplace! I used to! Very nice it was too.... but then they demolished our little room to build an extension to the library... I feel bitter about this as you can tell!
      August 10, 2020 10:59 AM MDT

Usually a bologna sandwich and a 6 pack of Yuengling.
      September 28, 2020 9:34 PM MDT