Active Now

my2cents
CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » How wondrous fair is it to be PARDONED by a president? Of course you must be corrupt and commit crimes. Do YOU have the right stuff?

How wondrous fair is it to be PARDONED by a president? Of course you must be corrupt and commit crimes. Do YOU have the right stuff?

Posted - August 22, 2020

Responses

Didn't Trump spout that he was going to pardon someone this past week?  Don't know who it is, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's Manafort.
      August 22, 2020 2:53 PM MDT

He said he was going to pardon Susan B Anthony and I'm sure he only wanted to do it to get black votes. I bet when the Susan B  Anthony silver dollar came out in the 70's Trump was against it because she was a black 
    Woman. Cheers and happy weekend!
      August 22, 2020 4:00 PM MDT

I have to Google her Nanoose. I didn't know she was a criminal. Leave it to the pumpkina** pandering to the past. Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday m'dear! :)
      August 23, 2020 1:31 AM MDT

United States v. Susan B. Anthony was the criminal trial of Susan B. Anthony in a U.S. federal court in 1873. The defendant was a leader of the women's suffrage movement who was arrested for voting in Rochester, New York in the 1872 elections in violation of state laws that allowed only men to vote. Anthony argued that she had the right to vote because of the recently adopted Fourteenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, part of which reads, "No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States."

The judge, Ward Hunt, was a recently appointed U.S. Supreme Court Justice who had responsibility for the federal circuit court in which the trial was held. He did not allow the jurors to discuss this case but instead directed them to find Anthony guilty. On the final day of the trial, Hunt asked Anthony if she had anything to say. Anthony, who had not previously been permitted to speak, responded with what one historian of the women's movement has called "the most famous speech in the history of the agitation for woman suffrage".[1] Repeatedly ignoring the judge's order to stop talking and sit down, she protested what she called "this high-handed outrage upon my citizen's rights".[2] She also protested the injustice of denying women the right to vote. When Justice Hunt sentenced Anthony to pay a fine of $100, she defiantly said that she would never do so. Hunt then announced that Anthony would not be jailed for failure to pay the fine, a move that had the effect of preventing her from taking her case to the Supreme Court.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trial_of_Susan_B._Anthony#:~:text=United%20States%20v.%20Susan%20B.%20Anthony%20was%20the%20criminal%20trial,allowed%20only%20men%20to%20vote.

August 23, 2020 6:58 AM MDT

Thanks m'dear!. So kind of you to take the time to educate us! Much appreciated! :)
      August 23, 2020 7:20 AM MDT

My pleasure.  :)
      August 23, 2020 9:36 AM MDT

:):):)
      August 25, 2020 3:08 AM MDT

She doesn't look black to me.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Susan_B._Anthony
      August 31, 2020 5:11 AM MDT

Didn't know she was a criminal. I'll Google to find out. Pandering to the past. The pumpkina** lives there not here. Thank you for your reply L and Happy Sunday! :)
      August 23, 2020 1:33 AM MDT

I didn't know she was a criminal either.  I would have thought he would have used his pardon powers for one of his friends.  Does he really think he's going to get the black community behind him with this pardon?
      August 23, 2020 6:55 AM MDT

I have no idea. The guy embraces all sides. He is PRO racist fascist and PRO QANON and PRO confederacy and PRO evangelicals and PRO Israel and PRO saudi arabia and PRO himself. He thinks African Americans are as stupid dumb as he is and will buy his lie that "no president has done as much for Africans Amercans that he has". What rotgut. His lemming adoring braindead worshippers believe him of course. I CAHN'T STEND IT! Sheesh. Now he is criticizing California for the lightning-cause wildfires spouting such stupid dumb. One day I swear someone is gonna walk right up to him and DECK him. I'm going to ask.
      August 23, 2020 6:59 AM MDT

He's angry with California because they didn't sweep up the forests like he told them.  
      August 23, 2020 7:03 AM MDT

It wouldn't have helped. Any storm in a port. The pumpkina** gets off bigly on anything unfortunate that happens in California. He celebrated by eating THREE big macs in bed in his jammies followed by BEAUTIFUL CHOCOLATE CAKE with TWO SCOOPS OF ICE CREAM topped off by calling Sean Hannity to get his marching orders for later today..

Gotta feed his gut since that's where much of his 'inspiration" comes from. Everyone says so! Thank you for your reply L! :)
      August 23, 2020 7:18 AM MDT

Well, there's a new book coming out which purportedly claims that privately, Hannity has said he thinks Trump is bat***t crazy.  

https://news.yahoo.com/were-hearing-im-hearing-youd-143727676.html

August 23, 2020 9:40 AM MDT

Just saw this:

"During an appearance in Scranton, PA on Thursday Trump did indeed have some thoughts about the fires saying, “I see again, the forest fires are starting. They’re starting again in California. And I said, ‘You’ve got to clean your floors. You’ve got to clean your floors.'” 

Trump blamed “years” of leaves and broken trees, saying “they’re like, like so flammable.” 

“Maybe we’re just going to have to make them pay for it, because they don’t listen to us. We say you got to get rid of the leaves,” Trump said.  [emphasis added]

Tell me how you get rid of all the leaves in a forest.

August 23, 2020 3:40 PM MDT

I have no idea but as usual his ignorance is only elipsed by his certitude. Sigh. More inane gibberish from his lips which his peeps take to heart and believe. Who cares? Truth is unassailable. Truth is rock solid and immutable. So is stupid dumb and that the pumpkina**has IN SPADES. Thank you for your reply L and Happy Monday. The pumpkin loves to rub salt in a would. Part of his caring empathetic awesome "character". :(
      August 24, 2020 2:18 AM MDT

Considering how many people he's screwed over the years, I'm surprised no one has beat the stuffing out of him by now.  Happy Monday. :)
      August 24, 2020 6:40 AM MDT

I think the Secret Service would "take them out" before they reached old pumpkina**.

Who would brave death to smack the crap out of pumpkina**? But I share your surprise. Maybe soon? Thank you for your reply L and Happy Monday to you! :)
      August 24, 2020 6:57 AM MDT

I don't mean just now that he's president.  I mean all along the way in business he's screwed so many people that I would have thought someone might have tried to teach him a lesson.
      August 24, 2020 7:04 AM MDT

I know he has been in thick with the mafia from time to time so perhaps they provided him with protection. He has always been the SOB he is today but mostly voted for and contributed to Democrats. He switched to GOP because the Dems want no part of him in any way whereas the GOP welcomed him with open arms. Now it is the QANON and fascist racists he kowtows to and bows down to. How many of them are "made" I don't know. The lowest class of homo sap is what he gravitates toward and what he draws to him. Bellycrawlers. Mudsuckers. Thank you for your reply. American banks stopped loaning the cheapskate deadbeat any money decades ago. That's why he was forced to go outside the country to Deutsche Bank.Well you know that L! Thank you for your reply. This post was edited by RosieG at August 24, 2020 4:03 PM MDT
      August 24, 2020 7:17 AM MDT

Well, he attracts the lowest life forms because he's one of them and he's willing to say out loud what they are mostly just thinking or talking about amonst themselves.  
      August 24, 2020 8:23 AM MDT

Are you watching/listening to the HOUSE grilling of deJoy? It's on right now. So far he hasn't spoken. Committee members have made opening statements. Predictably the GOP is all goey slimy softball a**kissing questions. They are useless. Watch for Dem California Congresswoman Katie Porter. SHE IS ONE SMART COOKIE. Her grillings are already legendary! Thank you for your reply L! :)
      August 24, 2020 8:41 AM MDT

No, I'm not watching.  These people make me sick and I can't stand the look on his face.
      August 24, 2020 10:31 AM MDT

I'm recording it now and later I will fast forward to Katie Porter. Right now Jim is watching a golf tournament and I'm here. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      August 24, 2020 10:56 AM MDT