Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Zack
Discussion » Questions » Entertainment » Do you like to watch these true crime shows about the wives murdering their husbands? I do

Do you like to watch these true crime shows about the wives murdering their husbands? I do

Posted - August 23, 2020

Responses

I also like to read about them. I really admire this ladies righteous courage!.

Police: Woman stabbed husband over illegal Quincy gambling ring

A man was stabbed to death in this home at 10 South Central Ave. in Quincy on Thursday, July 4, 2019, police said. (Tom Gorman/For The Patriot Ledger)

Posted Jul 8, 2019 at 12:46 PMUpdated Jul 8, 2019 at 9:30 ON   

QUINCY — A 46-year-old woman is being held without bail after police say she killed herhusband in front of their daughter during an argument about an illegal gambling operation the couple were running out of a Wollaston basement.

Police say Huixian Liu of Boston stabbed her husband, 55-year-old Biqiang He, in a house on South Central Avenue during an argument Thursday. He was taken to Quincy Medical Center, then to Boston Medical Center, where he died Sunday.

Liu was arraigned Friday, before He’s death, on a charge of armed assault with intent to murder and is being held without bail pending a dangerousness hearing later this week.

David Traub, a spokesman for the Norfolk County district attorney’s office, said prosecutors will “examine the existing assault charges in light of the victim’s death” ahead of Liu’s scheduled Friday court appearance.

Police responded to reports of a stabbing at 10 South Central Ave. in Quincy at about 7 p.m. Thursday, July 4, according police reports filed in court. One officer wrote that he was familiar with the house because the city had shut down an illegal gambling operation in its basement two days before.

Witnesses told police that Liu and He were arguing about letting the city inspector into the two-family home’s basement to see gambling machines earlier in the week. The witness said the pair started to “wrestle and grapple with each other,” and He’s leg began bleeding.

“She only did it by accident and it was not on purpose,” the witness said, according to the officer’s report.

Officers wrote that the couple’s daughter was also at the scene, and that she told police “her parents were fighting and she told them to stop but they wouldn’t listen.”

The victim was lying face down in a pool of blood when officers arrived at the house.

Officer James McNeil wrote that Liu was in the home’s basement and tried to “exit quickly” before being detained by officers. She had blood on her hands when she was arrested, police said.

Officers said they found two knives and a box cutter in the home’s basement.

Police ran Liu’s fingerprints through the FBI database and found no criminal record, court documents say. She was born in China, and police have reported the arrest to Immigration and Customs Enforcement. Court files did not detail her immigration status.

Neither He nor Liu are registered owners of the house at 10 South Central Ave. The city assessor’s records show the two-family home is owned by Zhang Tong Bin & Qiu.

A young woman answered the door at 10 South Central Ave. on Monday afternoon, but declined to give her name to a reporter and said she wasn’t home on the day of the alleged assault. She also said she was unaware of an illegal gambling operation.

The Wollaston neighborhood of quaint single- and two-family homes was quiet on Monday afternoon and the mint-green home didn’t reveal any trace of the alleged attack.

Three other neighbors shooed a reporter from their front steps and denied knowing anything about the stabbing or alleged gambling ring.

Information about the alleged gambling operation was scarce Monday. Quincy police logs show no arrests from July 2, but police said they accompanied two inspectors from the city to the house that day after receiving a tip about many people going in and out of the building. They did not have a search warrant, but were invited into the house, police said.

Jay Duca, director of Quincy inspectional services, did not respond to The Patriot Ledger’s requests for comment as of Monday afternoon.

This post was edited by CosmicWunderkind at August 23, 2020 10:38 AM MDT
      August 23, 2020 9:04 AM MDT

Could you call Netflix and ask them to make shows out of those cases too? I’m almost finished the one I’m watching so I need a new one. 

August 23, 2020 9:09 AM MDT

How about serial murderers (not cereal killers!)? If you like Netflix, check out Mindhunter.
      August 23, 2020 9:20 AM MDT

I love Mind Hunters, I’m all caught up on it. I think the acting is kind of shizzat but I like how they use the audio tapes from the real serial killers. 

I’m watching this one show now about a woman named Betty Broderick who killed her ex husband and his wife in the 80s, I find it funny Cos the show is almost making her look like some kind of hero but she murdered her kids father. Netflix hates men lol. 

August 23, 2020 9:28 AM MDT

August 23, 2020 9:44 AM MDT

I remember the Betty Broderick story very well. I read a book about it not long after it happened. It definitely made her out to be the victim and heroine. 

It's a cautionary tale against marriage, no question. :)

Netflix hates men......LMAO! :P

August 23, 2020 11:43 AM MDT

It’s an interesting story, I’d never heard of her before the show. I don’t understand why she killed him though. She was getting 9 thousand dollars a month in alimony and she didn’t even have to have the kids. Sounds like a good deal to me. 
      August 23, 2020 4:05 PM MDT

LOL!!!!!

Seriously, it shows how bad things can get when you embrace bitterness. Gotta let that shiz go. Being happy is the only good and true "revenge". 
      August 23, 2020 5:40 PM MDT

Exactly, like faak, if someone was paying me nine thousand a month not to be married to them I’d feel like  I won the lottery. And that was in the 80’s too so that was probably like 20 Grand a month in these times. 
      August 23, 2020 5:43 PM MDT

No shiz!!

August 23, 2020 5:47 PM MDT

Here's one I am going to watch! I'll report back. Alas. What a gruesome day.

With so little new programming to watch due to the virus, I've found myself watching more crime shows lately.  I don't have Netflix, but there is Crime Stoppers Watch Daily, FBI Files.  At least they're showing episodes I've not seen before. This post was edited by SpunkySenior at August 23, 2020 2:17 PM MDT

Thank you, I’ll look those up. 
      August 23, 2020 9:46 AM MDT

I don't know why they cut out Crime 360. Maybe I can find one just like it. Humans have morbid fascination .
      August 23, 2020 10:02 AM MDT

I’m addicted to crime investigation shows such as Forensic Files, FBI Files, Unsolved Mysteries (hosted by Dennis Farina), 48 Hours, Dateline NBC, etc. 
    ~

August 23, 2020 10:33 AM MDT

As long as you and I are on this fake marriage/fake divorce roller coaster of ours, I don’t want you watching shows like that. Grrrrrrrr. 

~

August 23, 2020 9:47 AM MDT

It’s too late, I’ve already watched too many. I even have my song picked out I want playing in the background when I stab some man who wronged me to death. I want a Netflix series too. 

August 23, 2020 9:55 AM MDT

What song??

That Dr. Hook one could be great! 

:)
      August 23, 2020 8:53 PM MDT

YIKES NO.
    That's why I never married haha
    they sneak up on you in the
    middle of the night...and do you in.
    ....see what Salty Veruca said?
    Exactly... This post was edited by Baba at August 23, 2020 12:35 PM MDT
      August 23, 2020 10:31 AM MDT

Lol :) I’m fascinated by these shows. I won’t really murder anyone though...probably not anyway. 
      August 23, 2020 10:52 AM MDT

Whew!

:)

August 23, 2020 12:27 PM MDT

No, I don't.  Court TV which used to have actual court cases has now become the program that has a lot of those on there.  

August 23, 2020 10:35 AM MDT

Fair enough, they’re not for everyone. I don’t believe I’ve ever had that channel. 
      August 23, 2020 10:53 AM MDT

No the only crime show I watch is Border Security because my sister in law is a customs officer at a Canadian border crossing and she has been in a few eposiods. One of the reasons she is good at her job is because  when she was a teen I taught her how to tell if a person is liying. She mostly  used it to tell if boys were liying to her which happend a lot so she quickly  turned into a lie detector. Now a days when she grills someone  to find out if they are liying  I feel a bit of pride because I helped teach her how to do that. Cheers! This post was edited by Nanoose at August 23, 2020 5:25 PM MDT
      August 23, 2020 11:05 AM MDT