Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Imagine we’re in a parallel universe wherein mirrors and cameras do not exist, answer the following question:

Imagine we’re in a parallel universe wherein mirrors and cameras do not exist, answer the following question:

What are all of your body parts that you cannot look at directly, cannot see just by looking straight at them?  You can twist and turn as much as you like and see many parts of your own body, but certainly not all of them. I think there are a myriad that we don’t even realize we’ve never seen directly. Let’s collectively compile a list of all of them. 

Example: your spine.

*Before anyone suggests it, looking at your reflection in water, steel, glass, or looking at drawings, photos of yourself or any other object/device are also discounted.  This is direct vision from your eye or your eyes to your own body parts.
~

Posted - August 25, 2020

Responses

They are in the same place there are in this universe. 

(note:  If one can literally see their spine, they need to have someone get them to a hospital ASAP!  One can only see the outline of their spine through their skin... unless,of course, they haven't shaved their backs)
      August 25, 2020 10:04 AM MDT

The parallel universe isn’t about the location of the body parts, it’s about the lack of mirrors and cameras. 

I never stated anything about any person being able to see his or her own spine; I used it as an example of a part of the body that cannot be seen.

___

August 25, 2020 11:40 AM MDT

You asked, “What are all of your body parts that you cannot look at directly, cannot see just by looking straight at them?”

Logically, any body part that one couldn’t look at directly in this universe would be the same ones they couldn’t look at directly in a parallel universe that had no reflections or reflective surfaces. (Example back of head)

*** WARNING!  Looking directly at the back of one’s own head (not via a reflection) can cause blindness!   (and will give you one heck of a headache).

Due to the location of the eyes, not many body parts are able be seen directly by their “owner”.   Unless one can move a part of the body directly into their line of vision (ex. hands), one is always looking at most of their body indirectly (at an angle).

(I'm messing with you) This post was edited by Shuhak at August 26, 2020 3:52 PM MDT
      August 25, 2020 12:56 PM MDT

My arse.
      August 25, 2020 4:49 PM MDT

My butt. A pity, because in the opinion of my better half, it's one of my most attractive bits.
    The back of my own head.
    My face, excepting the sides of my nose, my beard, my eyebrows and the tops of my cheekbones.
      August 25, 2020 5:27 PM MDT

Did you know that if you look in a mirror and blink, you don't see it?
      August 25, 2020 5:28 PM MDT

My ears and inside my mouth; tongue and teeth.
      August 25, 2020 5:30 PM MDT

You can’t see your tongue?

___

August 26, 2020 2:48 PM MDT

I guess, if I stick it out, but not my teeth.
      August 26, 2020 3:25 PM MDT

Are you sure there aren't any mirrors, cameras, or other reflective surfaces?
    Maybe we're all just vampires, and can't see our reflections.

lol
      August 26, 2020 10:47 AM MDT

The eyes.

... Which makes me wonder what it would be like if one could see one's own eye through the other, and vice versa. This post was edited by Danilo_G at August 26, 2020 3:25 PM MDT
      August 26, 2020 12:18 PM MDT