Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » How do you deal with not being able to spend time with people cause of the corona virus

How do you deal with not being able to spend time with people cause of the corona virus

Its not cause of anyone being sick, im talking about people's paranoia, i cant go to the senior center down the street for months now cause of it and i miss eating lunch with my friends, yesterday was my birthday and i had to spend it all alone cause my friend is paranoid im going to give her some disease that i dont even have, i never get sick and i resent not being able to be with people cause others are paranoid about it, needless to say i got stuck alone and it was one of those milestone birhdays too. they were also working in the apt next to me and i didnt want to hear banging all day on my birthday so i took the bus to the mall and ate out and saw a movie, the movie theatre itself has been closed for months and opened up right on my birthday, maybe god was trying to help me out there, i thought the timing was weird, the movie was a good one too. so how can i cope with this kind of stuff happening, i dont have family around and it wasnt fair to me to be forced to be alone cause of people's paranoia, i never get sick so im the safest person to be around. any suggestions? i didnt appreciate it

Posted - August 29, 2020

Responses

Since I don't like people, not spending time with them is easy.
      August 29, 2020 5:47 PM MDT

What movie you see?
      August 29, 2020 5:50 PM MDT

the one about the bathrm mirror
      August 29, 2020 6:10 PM MDT

I don't know that one. Was it scary?
      August 29, 2020 6:11 PM MDT

Well I really miss being able to hang out with my friends but I deal with it by thinking it is better then catching the viris and then spreading it to my Grandkids. Cheers and happy weekend!
      August 29, 2020 5:51 PM MDT

You make this complaint as though you're the only one affected by the virus.  Everyone needs to be careful so it isn't transmitted.  My youngest sister turned 60 during the quarantine, my next sister turned 70 during the quarantine and, from the looks of it, I will be turning 75 during the quarantine - all "big" birthdays which were spent alone.  Suck it up and stop complaining.  
      August 29, 2020 9:11 PM MDT

...cause because of the corona virus coronavirus.
      August 29, 2020 9:36 PM MDT

I'm dealing with it just fine and will continue to do it until I die.
      August 29, 2020 9:53 PM MDT

This has been a lost year to a great extent. Maybe next year all of coronavirus will blow away and I can go to the beach again, mix with those who bravely cock a snook at the virus, and when they become debilitated or die from the disease they blame the lax government, or the wicked Chinese, or the dilatory virus scientists.  
      August 29, 2020 10:17 PM MDT

Or President Trump.
      August 29, 2020 10:23 PM MDT

I know right? My friend is so paranoid too, and I keep telling him that just because his dad died from the virus doesn't mean he will. It's not like he was allowed to visit his dad in the hospital before he died and catch it from him. 
      August 30, 2020 2:59 PM MDT

I'm more of a loner anyways, so I see no difference. I just miss being able to do the things I like. Such as swim at the public pool, and go to regular places like most people would.
      August 30, 2020 4:48 PM MDT

It does not affect my day-to-day life very much as I am retired, but I do miss the activities, social lives and friends of the clubs to which I belong, and the public events associated with their interests.

There was an item on the news programme on the radio earlier this evening about the threat to the survival of rugby clubs - and by extension, I would include clubs devoted to any other close-contact sports. As well as the loss of practice and playing, most such clubs have valuable property to maintain, yet would have received virtually no income since March (in the UK this is).

I have heard already some public events planned for early 2021 have been cancelled, while others are under review.
      August 31, 2020 5:26 PM MDT