Active Now

Slartibartfast
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Communication » You park your vehicle in a public space, you return to it and a note has been placed either on the windshield or driver’s door/window.*

You park your vehicle in a public space, you return to it and a note has been placed either on the windshield or driver’s door/window.*

Just after you notice it, and just prior to opening it to see what it’s about (if that’s the action you choose to take), what are some of the many possibilities as to why someone might leave a note on another person’s vehicle?  Please name as many as you like, collectively through the answers here, we will see what people speculate. Have fun, be imaginative, be creative.  Humor is appreciated but not required. 

*For the sake of this question, it is NOT a parking citation nor any other type of official government notice, nor is it an advertising flyer/brochure/offer from a company or business establishment. It has been left on your vehicle by an individual.
~

Posted - September 14, 2020

Responses

• "Hello.  Today I tested positive for Covid-19 and thought I'd celebrate by licking all of your car's door handles.  Have a great day."
      September 14, 2020 1:13 PM MDT

Wow, that’s really bad.

September 14, 2020 3:10 PM MDT

I hope it wasn't the wife of the guy who lives next door's car.

It says in the Bible, "Thou shall not covid thy neighbour's wife."
      September 14, 2020 10:03 PM MDT

They "accidently" slashed your tires. (sorry about the tires, but my knife kept falling out).

They've been stalking you, and since you hadn't showed up in the last few days and they became worried. (Missed you.  I sure hope everything's ok.  (signed) Your secret stalker).

They were short on gas and had to siphon some from you tank (Hope you don't mind bro, but paydays not until next week and I have a hot date tonight, so I borrowed some of your gas.)

They “keyed” the wrong car.  (So sorry about the scratches, but I thought your car belonged to my ex wife.  A little touch-up paint and it’ll be as good as new.)

You left your sunroof open (Whomever: you should really close your sunroof when you park your car.  I was feeling very nauseated as I was walking by, and … well… you really should close your sunroof when you park your car.”

September 14, 2020 3:14 PM MDT

If you are a hot, single woman, here is my phone number.
      September 14, 2020 5:13 PM MDT

Learn to park, @$*hat!
      September 14, 2020 5:30 PM MDT

"I love your bumper sticker!" 

[ I've actually gotten that note more than once. Specifically, twice. :) ]

September 14, 2020 6:26 PM MDT

Dear Mr. Driver,

As you exited your car and walked away I noticed you had a really nice looking backside in those tight jeans.   Hope this made you smile.

A stranger
      September 15, 2020 11:03 AM MDT