Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Death and Dying » How are funerals being done these days?

How are funerals being done these days?

my sister just died and my brothers dont want to fly down cause of covid and i dont want to go by myself , do they even do funerals anymore? i dont even know when theyre burying her. cant find out anything cause she lived in this jewish place and i cant get a hold of anyone to ask anything, im afraid if i want they might say theres a limit on how many people can go there. any idea on how that works there? she lived in brooklyn

Posted - September 19, 2020

Responses

You can't reach anyone because it is a Jewish Holiday yesterday and today.  You will likely be able to reach someone tomorrow.  Have either of your brothers made arrangements for her burial?  If so, they should be able give you the details of where and when she will be buried.  
      September 19, 2020 5:24 PM MDT

Sorry for your loss. 
    I will simply echo what SpunkySenior said. Should either be able to get someone after the holiday and your brothers should be able to let you know what is being planned. This post was edited by my2cents at September 20, 2020 7:44 AM MDT
      September 19, 2020 5:28 PM MDT

Sorry to hear Pearl. Hope you're able to do something that helps you deal with your loss.

One thing to consider is whether your sister left any written instructions for her final arrangements. Most funeral planners will do their best to respect those wishes.
      September 19, 2020 7:11 PM MDT

My condolences for your loss.
      September 19, 2020 7:13 PM MDT

thanks
      September 19, 2020 7:23 PM MDT

I'm sorry for your loss, Pearl. I expect that even if there is a funeral, your family would understand if you chose not to travel to it during the pandemic. 

September 19, 2020 7:31 PM MDT

Pearl, I’m sorry to learn that your sister has passed away. I know that you have a twin sister, but I don’t know if she is the same one you mention here.  Either way, I send you my condolences and I hope you’re able to get the information about her services as soon as possible.

September 20, 2020 7:48 AM MDT

• I'm sorry for your loss, Pearl.  Always remember the good times you had with her.
      September 20, 2020 11:49 AM MDT