Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
my2cents
Zack
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » And so it begins. Ballots found in the trash in Penn. Think they will count them all?

And so it begins. Ballots found in the trash in Penn. Think they will count them all?

Yes...the discarded votes were all for Trump. 

Posted - September 25, 2020

Responses

It was 9 ballots and it is still under investigation. I figure if someone was trying to take away votes from Trump they would not throw them in the trash were some one could find them - they would tuck them under their shirt and take them home to destroy them.  Cheers!
      September 25, 2020 9:51 AM MDT

It was ballot thrown away.  Up to 9 now.  All overseas military.   

Does the small number somehow make it better?  If they get rid of just small number each week in each district an election can be fraudulently changed. 

Someone did.  Yes stupid to not destroy.  But that is what they did. 

We also have judges changing long established election rules about when they must be received.  
      September 25, 2020 9:58 AM MDT

They find bags full of them.  Need to get out of mail ballot business.   In person with picture government ID.  Anyone who is handling ballots shouldn't have access to shredder either. This post was edited by Thriftymaid at September 25, 2020 12:22 PM MDT
      September 25, 2020 12:11 PM MDT

I agree in person with ID. And paper ballots. I do not trust the computer counting either.  But if using the computer it should print out a paper ballot that verifies the votes counted so there is still a paper trail for recount. 
      September 25, 2020 12:24 PM MDT

This stuff has been thoroughly debunked, and is better suited to Qanon than AM. This post was edited by my2cents at September 26, 2020 12:16 PM MDT
      September 26, 2020 3:52 AM MDT

Again...link?

Fraud occurs in every election. 
    https://www.heritage.org/voterfraud
      September 26, 2020 5:26 AM MDT

Check snopes. I get tired of copying and pasting links (they usually don't work from a tablet) which are easy for anybody to find.
      September 26, 2020 5:50 AM MDT

I just gave you a database filled with convicted election fraud.  
      September 26, 2020 6:11 AM MDT

The president’s re-election campaign responded quickly to Acosta’s request, noting there were nine people charged in the Rio Grande Valley in Texas with “vote harvesting” and mail ballots, a political operative in New York stealing and submitting absentee ballots, and a resident in Pennsylvania receiving seven separate ballots in the mail.

The campaign also shared a Heritage Foundation document of over 1,000 proven cases of vote fraud

This post was edited by my2cents at September 26, 2020 6:26 AM MDT
      September 26, 2020 6:24 AM MDT

It doesn't really matter what you would figure.  There were more than groups of nine ballots found throw away in 2018.  America just needs to go back to only in-person voting with picture ID. This post was edited by Thriftymaid at September 25, 2020 12:22 PM MDT
      September 25, 2020 12:09 PM MDT

I figure there are more people on this site that figure what I figure does matter and only a few figure that what I figure doesn't matter so I will continue sharing my thoughts.
      September 25, 2020 12:29 PM MDT

Most here are liberals so yes...they likely figure same or similar. 
    But what matters is votes and how they are counted. 
      September 26, 2020 5:33 AM MDT

Planted by the Trump campaign, with the specific intent of making it seem that mail-in voter fraud is rampant (it isn't) and overturning what is bound to be a huge number of mail-in votes from urban voters (who overwhelmingly vote blue) who don't want to stand in line where social distancing will be almost impossible to achieve.
      September 26, 2020 3:47 AM MDT

Evidence? Link?  Or just pulled out of the air? 
      September 26, 2020 5:19 AM MDT

Part of the plan to discredit mail-in votes and prevent an unambiguous EC vote.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2020/11/what-if-trump-refuses-concede/616424/
      September 26, 2020 5:54 AM MDT

You realize your article does not make the false charge you claimed above.
      September 26, 2020 6:09 AM MDT

"The small number of mishandled military ballots at a Pennsylvania elections board that sparked a federal inquiry and allegations from the Trump campaign that Democrats were "trying to steal the election" were actually "incorrectly" tossed by a temp, a county official said Friday.

In a press release, Luzerne County County Manager David Pedri said a "temporary seasonal independent contractor" who started work sorting mail at the Elections Bureau on Sept. 14th had "incorrectly" thrown out a small number of military and overseas ballots."

"In a letter to Luzerne County officials later in the day, Freed [the U.S. Attorney for the Middle District of Pennsylvania] said their initial findings showed the ballots may have been opened by a staffer who confused the envelopes with absentee ballot applications."

"..."[T]here is no reason they [the DOJ] should have mentioned the candidate for whom these ballots were cast. ... It's irrelevant to the investigation. The only reason you'd make that claim publicly is because you're trying to help the president."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/temp-tossed-pennsylvania-ballots-trump-212320077.html

September 26, 2020 12:25 PM MDT

Lol. Mishandled. That is a good spin to it.  Yahoo needs to learn mishandled is: filed wrong, stores incorrectly....thrown in the trash is not mishandled.   Even a temporary seasonal worker should know you do not throw away ballots.
      September 26, 2020 5:25 PM MDT

Apparently. although I bolded the print, you didn't read the part that said initial findings showed the ballots may have been opened by a staffer who confused the envelopes with absentee ballot applications.  

We're talking about NINE ballots here - not thousands and unless you were there, you can't really know that it was a mistake and not deliberate.  Then, again, when you see conspiracies around every corner, I'm not surprised to reached the conclusion you did.
      September 27, 2020 7:16 AM MDT

Again...they threw them away. 

Just mark my (and Thriftymaid's) words. They will "find" boxes and bags of uncounted ballots after the election. And want to keep counting them until Biden wins.  This is why in person with ID is thw only sercure way.  I also would love the ink stain thumb as well. 
      September 28, 2020 10:51 AM MDT

This makes no sense.  If it's the Trump ballots that have been thrown away, why would they count them until Biden wins?  If it's the Biden ballots that were thrown away, why shouldn't they count them if they are valid?
      September 28, 2020 11:44 AM MDT

No they will not be ones they threw away.  They will be will claim were recieved but "misplaced."  It happens every election. 
      September 28, 2020 12:03 PM MDT

You do realize that you're being a drama queen when you say this happens every election.  You make it sound as though there is rampant fraud in every election when there is no proof that it's true.  Are there instances where things like this happen?  Yes, but it isn't as widespread as you want people to think so please stop trying to use the same feat and scare tactics that your idol is trying to use.  Not all of us are that dumb.
      September 28, 2020 7:34 PM MDT

Yes it happens every election. And with more mail in votes....it will happen again this year.

Call it what you want...but it is a disgrace that it happens.
      September 29, 2020 5:41 AM MDT