Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Home and Garden » Poll: when will you likely move to a new or different residence?

Poll: when will you likely move to a new or different residence?

A. I believe I will be at my current residence for the remainder of my life (however long that will be I’m unsure).

B. Possibly twenty years or more.

C. Possibly the next fifteen years. 

D. Possibly the next ten years. 

E. Possibly the next five years. 

F. Less than five years. 

G. Less than a year. 

H. I’m packing right now!  How did you know, Randy D?

I. None of the above/or other answer.

~

Posted - September 28, 2020

Responses

• F.

I intend to move out next year (was supposed to be this year, but the pandemic upended those plans). 
      September 28, 2020 7:26 PM MDT

A. But I might have to move to an old age care home some time before I reach the age of one hundred and one.
      September 28, 2020 10:07 PM MDT

D. We will probably look at downsizing when we no longer have a boisterous staffy to house. Right now, we need a sizeable yard.
      September 29, 2020 2:22 AM MDT

Sizeable yard? Move to the outback. Plenty of sunlight for your solar panels.
      September 29, 2020 11:00 AM MDT

I still need to get to work, so the suburbs it has to be. I'm looking to retire to the bush, my wife is a country girl - from the tiny village of Marrar. A pub and a general store that doubles as a gas station, blink and you miss it. She says it's a hundred miles from nowhere, I say it's closer to nowhere than that (it's actually 21 miles from Wagga Wagga, which is a sizeable town - almost a city).
    I wouldn't move there, that much open country makes me agoraphobic - I need trees. So we're looking at rural Victoria, possibly somewhere near Swan Hill.
      September 29, 2020 3:40 PM MDT

• F.  I'm hoping within the next few years that we'll be in a new place.  Kids are getting bigger and we're running out of space. 
      September 29, 2020 7:57 AM MDT

You rhymed on purpose, right?
    ~

September 29, 2020 9:30 AM MDT

• B. Possibly twenty years or more.

My parents willed their house and half of their land to me.  I hope that will be more than twenty years.  My little brother will have the other half of their property, but he will need to build his own house on the land if he wants to live there.
      September 29, 2020 12:34 PM MDT

Move to where...exactly!
      September 29, 2020 5:20 PM MDT

I. I have been waffling about where and when to move for about 20 years now. This was never intended to be my 'forever home'.
      September 29, 2020 6:53 PM MDT

You know, my offer of the spare bedroom ( right next to mine) is still available to you . . .

~

September 30, 2020 1:48 PM MDT

I'm going to say (B).  I plan to retire within the next 17 to 20 years with relocation soon after that.
      September 29, 2020 7:00 PM MDT

i want to move once i have enough money

my plan : have my own business here and make lot of money until i have enough to move to another country and keep the business rollin there

October 3, 2020 1:11 PM MDT