Active Now

DannyPetti
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Animals (Pets/ Domesticated) » Humorous answers, please: are you in danger of being criminally charged with pet abuse?

Humorous answers, please: are you in danger of being criminally charged with pet abuse?

~

Posted - October 1, 2020

Responses

No, but my cat should be charged for abusing us.
      October 1, 2020 12:38 PM MDT

When my daughter comes over, we have to lock the cat in the garage.  He hates her.  If she comes in before we get him put up, we have to use the spray bottle to keep him away from her.  

It is crazy. She is the only one he does this with who is not a stranger.  We think it is because she brought her dog over to show us when they first got him.   
      October 1, 2020 12:49 PM MDT

My cat has filed many claims of animal abuse with the local authorities.  Here is but a small sample –

* It is abuse if he can see any portion of the food chalice (it should be filed to the brim at ALL times).

* It is abuse if the water bowl isn’t exactly 57 F, and/or if the water level therein is below or 1/32” from the rim.

* It is abuse if the litter box doesn’t have exactly 7 lbs. of smoothed litter in it at any time.

* It is abuse if he is forced to go to the vet or groomers.

* It is abuse if anyone looks at him when he’s under the bed or in his “cat-cave”.

* It is abuse to allow a dog to be in HIS house.

* It is abuse to yell “shut-up” when he is in the shower “singing” (day or night).

* It is abuse to be told to “get down” when he's walking across the kitchen table to change chairs.

* It is abuse - nay, sacrilege - to (gasp) pour tuna juice (from a can) down the drain.

* It is abuse for  ANYONE to cut or trim his gorgeously handsome “panther claws” (look, but never touch).

* It is abuse for anyone to touch his tummy while he’s sleeping upside down.

* It is abuse not to announce your coming home at least 5 minutes in advance.

* It is abuse to hide the toilet paper roll.

* It is abuse to not allow him to “sample” his brother’s food (cat and dog).

* It is abuse to be fed the same flavor of food for more than 7 days in a row.

* It is abuse to allow another animal to be in “his” sunshine (all sunny spots are his).

* It is abuse to position chairs in a manner that prohibits him from jumping up on the counter so he can eat the house plants.

* It is abuse to ignore him.

* It is abuse to call him “kitty kitty”.

October 1, 2020 1:01 PM MDT

hahahahaha great list. 
      October 1, 2020 2:58 PM MDT

Cat (Subtly) Trains Owner.

~

October 1, 2020 8:26 PM MDT

With the look I just got from my feline housemate for not sharing my supper with here, maybe.
    :)
      October 1, 2020 6:39 PM MDT

Abuse to NOT let her go with me, either in a car or on foot. (Dog 2) ****Please don't tell her I called her "dog 2"! I hope she doesn't read this. Talk about abusive!***
    Abuse to ever MAKE her go in the car, even if it's a short drive to a great adventure. (Dog 1)

Abuse to ever shut a door to a room if she's not with me. (Dog 2)

Abuse to try to file her toenails, brush her, clean her ears, put on flea/tick preventative. (Dog 1)

Abuse to not have something other than dry kibble in her food dish. (Dog 2)

Abuse to brush their teeth. (Both)

October 1, 2020 7:07 PM MDT

Wow, they really have you trained, don’t they?

~

October 1, 2020 8:19 PM MDT

Pretty much. Trained and guilted. 
      October 2, 2020 4:11 PM MDT

Yes, I actually stopped rubbing her belly. Her reproachful look was enough.
      October 1, 2020 11:20 PM MDT