Active Now

DannyPetti
Randy D
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Music » Best 'Rocky' song poll:

Best 'Rocky' song poll:

A) "There's No Easy Way Out"  (Rocky IV)

B) "Burning Heart" - (Rocky IV)

C. "Eye of the Tiger" (Rocky III)

D) "Living in America" - (Rocky IV) 

Posted - October 4, 2020

Responses

C) “Eye of the Tiger” (Rocky III).

This is a difficult choice, though, because a couple of them equal each other in my view of prevalence. 

~

October 4, 2020 4:22 PM MDT

I like all 3 of the IV songs. My choice is probably A. 

I get burned out on songs pretty easily. C is still overplayed, I think. 
      October 4, 2020 5:42 PM MDT

I think I'll withdraw from voting since I don't like any of those songs. And I didn't like any of the Rocky movies I saw, either, ha!  :)
      October 4, 2020 6:11 PM MDT

Which of those do you hate least? :)

I had to be persuaded to give them a shot. I've only seen I-IV. I really only have genuine love for IV, and I loved the soundtrack. 
      October 5, 2020 4:29 PM MDT

Woops. Now that I look closer, I realize I was really only talking about C and D.

I don't think I've ever heard the A and B songs

I liked B the best of these four, I believe.
    :)

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at October 6, 2020 6:18 PM MDT
      October 6, 2020 6:09 PM MDT

I love B, too. Survivor had some good songs! 
      October 6, 2020 6:14 PM MDT

That guy has a good voice, too.
      October 6, 2020 6:18 PM MDT

E. Bill Conti, Gonna Fly Now

It was fit for purpose, enhancing the first two movies rather than dominating them as Survivor's hit did the third - the movie was almost a feature-length music video.
      October 5, 2020 2:36 AM MDT

I was going to include an E), but I forgot. I also forgot my C) initially. 

I was high when I posted this. It's a real wonder I didn't screw it up worse than I did. It took every ounce of my concentration abilities at the moment. 

=)

Rocky IV is practically a musical.  Great soundtrack in my opinion. Probably why it's my favorite movie. 
      October 5, 2020 4:26 PM MDT

Liked the songs, hated the movie. No plot, just shameless red-bashing.

Rocky (the original) was a fairly good movie, the fairy tale of a bum made good but just a little realism in the stinger - he still wasn't quite good enough to beat the champ, but went the distance. Like Frazier in the second fight with Ali.
    The only sequel I can stand is V. Brain damaged and broke, coached a kid to take the mantle, finished up in a bar fight. Realism, most fighters who hang on too long end up punchy.
    II is schmaltz, III a vehicle for the song by Survivor and Balboa laughably contrived - even an exhibition bout of that nature wouldn't be sanctioned by a reputable organisation.
      August 15, 2021 2:17 AM MDT

C...any other answer is just wrong.
      October 5, 2020 5:51 AM MDT

I liked that because I like you, not your answer. 

October 5, 2020 4:23 PM MDT

Jes’ sayin’.

~

October 5, 2020 9:21 PM MDT

Jes sayin what??

Personally, I'm strictly di*kly, but I'm not afraid to tell another female that I like her or even that I love her, if the sentiment is genuine. Sorry to disappoint you, but it's not sexual in any way. 

Okay, BOOMER? 

October 6, 2020 5:11 PM MDT

It’s not necessarily just a sexual thing, heck, you two might need to get a room because you’re bonding so well and gushing over each in such a sticky-sweet way that you’re giving me diabetes by osmosis.  

Only a twisted, perverted, warped, overly-horny, tawdry, sex-obsessed guy with an above-average imagination and completely bereft of all character, modesty, decorum, morals and values would suggest . . . hey, wait a second. Never mind.

____ 

October 6, 2020 6:17 PM MDT

Nice comeback! 

October 6, 2020 6:19 PM MDT

Lol, I’ll accept whatever “like” I get. To be honest, I don’t know any of the other songs and didn’t have time listen when I answered... but I still stand by my original answer, Cos I’m like that. 
      October 6, 2020 5:44 AM MDT

Fair enough. 

You should watch Rocky IV. It's so 80's!! 

October 6, 2020 5:11 PM MDT

I should lol. I know I saw at least one Rocky movie when I was a kid Cos my dad liked them. I really don’t remember much about them. I’ll do an 80s night soon :) 
      October 6, 2020 5:15 PM MDT

• Robert Tepper of course, haha.  I love that song.  Bullet for my Valentine did a great cover of it.

And plus the man himself still performs it live...this is only a few years old. He's a proud one-hit-wonder. 

October 5, 2020 8:50 AM MDT

This is awesome! Thank you for posting those vids! 

I'd never heard of Bullet for My Valentine. I saw that video had millions of views, so they are or were clearly popular. I'm going to have to do some research now so I can see just how aged my knowledge of popular music is becoming. :)

Ole Robert can still get down on it! =)
      October 5, 2020 4:22 PM MDT