Shuhak
Prof Syct
rusureamisure?
Reverend Muhammadovsky
Discussion » Questions » Music » How quickly or easily do you pick up all the lyrics to songs that you like? This is a poll.

How quickly or easily do you pick up all the lyrics to songs that you like? This is a poll.

1. It’s a snap for me, usually after hearing the song just a couple of times.

2. It’s not too difficult for me, I can learn all the lyrics by listening to songs several times.

3.  It depends on how tricky the words can be, I’ve sometimes found out weeks, months, or years later that I’ve misunderstood the lyrics.

4.  I can’t do it by listening alone, I have to see them written out to learn them well.

5. I don’t even try; I’m more into focusing on the music than the lyrics. 

6.  I have a terrible memory in general, but even more so when it comes to song lyrics.

7.  Two or more of the above. 

8.  None of the above/other answer. 

~

Posted - October 17

• 6069

1, (and occasionally a bit of 3). 

October 17, 2020 9:38 AM MDT
    4

• 33325
    8. Much of the music I have listened to the lyrics are indecipherable. I have memorized 95% of the Beatles and Motown music.
      October 17, 2020 12:02 PM MDT
    2

• 3339
      October 17, 2020 12:25 PM MDT
    3

• 23104
    1.  I usually pick up the words before I even realize I have heard the song.  I just notice I am singing with the song.  I often know the chorus while listening the first time.  This post was edited by my2cents at October 17, 2020 1:02 PM MDT
      October 17, 2020 12:31 PM MDT
    3

• 6457

and

October 17, 2020 12:33 PM MDT
    2

• 5013
    4. Even with hearing aids, not all the words are understandable to me when I hear a song.  
    I look up the lyrics online.
      October 17, 2020 3:56 PM MDT
    1

• 5070
    4. It's really something that I'm pretty much compelled to do if someone tells me to listen to a song, or if I hear a song I like, I automatically find the lyrics and read them while listening. 

October 17, 2020 5:26 PM MDT
    1