Active Now

Malizz
Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Do you think people are lying when they say they’ve never taken anything (stolen) that didn’t belong to them in their entire lives? ~

Do you think people are lying when they say they’ve never taken anything (stolen) that didn’t belong to them in their entire lives? ~

Have you ever said that? ~

Posted - October 22, 2020

Responses

No, I wouldn't say that.. and if I did, it would be incorrect. I don't condone stealing, technically speaking it's wrong, but I think we have all been guilty of the odd small or smallish misdemeanour on that front. As a kid my aunt used to clean offices and she used to pilfer paper for us kids to draw on. She 'said' it was in the bin. I can't really see how that would happen. But we did appreciate it.. to us it was like Christmas! We'd carefully count out the sheets so we all had the same amount, say 5 sheets each. It was such a treat! 

I have also been known to purloin paperclips, unusual ones, and pens, again unusual ones. 
      October 23, 2020 12:45 PM MDT

Everyone is a liar. However, most are in denial about it. I admit I'm a liar, but at least I know it.
      October 23, 2020 12:49 PM MDT

I don't know. 
      October 23, 2020 5:21 PM MDT

Hey, wait a minute . . . 

~

October 23, 2020 5:26 PM MDT

There is a tiny little window between yes and no on that question.  I "wore" many pens home from work over the years.  I never once "wore" it back.  
      October 24, 2020 1:14 AM MDT

Show me a person who never swiped a cookie as a kid, and I'll show you a person whose parents never had cookies in the house.
      October 24, 2020 5:02 AM MDT