Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Maurice214
Discussion » Questions » Language » “I’m Randy D, do you think that I would approve of YOUR message?”

“I’m Randy D, do you think that I would approve of YOUR message?”

[Paid for by The Committee To Decide Whether or Not Randy D Approves of YOUR Message, and The Coalition Advocating Fine Print. No tildes were harmed in the publication of this post. All rights reserved, void where prohibited, Vegemite is murder, a new chapter of The Harem may be opening soon in an area near you, polls indicate a trend toward over-funding of Grammar Police activities nationwide, this website does not endorse nor endure any candidate in the pun-loving nature of content, be the first on your block to become a cellar-enclosed sandwich-maker, no, he is not bored, keep out of reach of children, shelf life is greatly diminished in colder climates, if your aunt were your uncle, you’d call her your ankle.]

Posted - November 8, 2020

Responses

Shouldn't it say, 'if your aunt became your uncle...', instead of 'were'?  I mean, "chop shops" are the norm these days.

(this disclaimer valid only where prohibited by law.  Not responsible for any views stated by person(s) materializing or broadcasting from the future, the past, Klingon Vor'cha class attack cruisers, Imperial Star Cruisers or from Melmac.  All hail our cat overlords. Meow!) 
      November 8, 2020 11:47 AM MST

Well, let’s analyze your query as to choice of wording. If the gist is that the aunt started out as an aunt and then some type of conversion or change took place wherein she materializes as the income, then the word “became” appears to be wholly appropriate. If on the other hand the gist is that the aunt started out from the beginning as the uncle and no alteration took place, the word “were” is wholly appropriate. Thank you for the opportunity to delve into it in further depth, amigo mío.

~

November 8, 2020 2:33 PM MST

Yes, of course! You aren't so bad, you act all mean and tough but really you are a nice guy deep down. Your bark is worse than your bite I think.... hope :p
      November 8, 2020 11:53 AM MST

But no still means yes - Right? 
      November 8, 2020 12:05 PM MST

Grrrrrrr, you again!

November 8, 2020 2:35 PM MST

I know you'll figure it out 
      November 8, 2020 2:37 PM MST

November 8, 2020 3:56 PM MST

Vegemite is not murder, it's ambrosia. Right up there with avocados.

(No, Randy D does NOT approve this message.)
      November 8, 2020 2:55 PM MST