Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Science and Technology » What is a modern convenience that you still prefer to do the old fashioned way? I prefer to pay cash for many things.

What is a modern convenience that you still prefer to do the old fashioned way? I prefer to pay cash for many things.

~

Posted - November 8, 2020

Responses

My son has a posh, expensive food mixer but I don't know how to use it and still prefer to whisk and mix by hand. 
      November 8, 2020 11:51 AM MST

Good exercise, too.
    :)
      November 9, 2020 7:18 AM MST

1000 things.  I don't buy "instant" anything.  I don't generally microwave cook.  If I'm in a hurry I will do frozen veggies in there.  I do reheat sometimes if there is no meat involved.  I have and value land line telephone service.  I refuse to own a smart phone.  Businesses find that to be a problem but I don't. They all want to text, which I could allow on my little flip but I don't want to.   I just had a conversation with another social website that would not let me join without a smart phone.....I am now a member and I still have no smart phone.  I love to read books.  BOOKS made of paper.  I'll never read a book on a screen.  I prefer cars with standard trans.  I still say yes ma,am and yes sir to people my senior. 
      November 9, 2020 2:12 AM MST

Asker’s Pick! (I’ll just overlook that one typographical error.)
    ~

November 9, 2020 7:05 AM MST

I really like your answer, too.
      November 9, 2020 7:17 AM MST