Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » What is something negative about you for which you can accurately blame some other person?

What is something negative about you for which you can accurately blame some other person?

~

Posted - November 9, 2020

Responses

No blame here towards anyone
      November 9, 2020 7:30 AM MST

I’m probably more screwed up than most people realize (even on aM). But I honestly don’t have anyone to blame.

When it comes to poor choices & bad actions, I’m the Queen of Bad Examples. 
      November 9, 2020 12:11 PM MST

What about a different perspective on it, Your Majesty, such as blaming others for their actions in things they’ve done to you or against you in ways that have made you negative?
    ~

November 9, 2020 2:02 PM MST

If it's straight from the heart, it's just as meaningful as the brain. Everything is for a reason. Even what you say, so, you'll be okay.
      November 9, 2020 3:00 PM MST

Long ago, I decided to not blame others for my actions and (lack of) feelings. It would be too easy.
      November 9, 2020 1:53 PM MST

What about a different perspective on it, such as blaming others for their actions in things they’ve done to you or against you in ways that have made you negative?
    ~
      November 9, 2020 2:01 PM MST

I could say I have a built in excuse because my father disappeared, but I vowed to do the opposite and be responsible. I have some genetic traits that I can attribute to some of my behaviors, but I don't use them as excuses, as I have a choice to respond to those traits and react accordingly. There are some other things I could say, but they may not be appropriate here. Also, I feel we may not be on the same page with this.
      November 9, 2020 2:10 PM MST

Why do you look at it as a question of excuses?
    ~

November 9, 2020 2:13 PM MST

An example. I have an addictive personality. I could blame my parents for that, as they both did. I could say to my mother (if she were alive) "Mom, I blame you for my tobacco habit." NO...I made a bad choice. No excuses allowed. Maybe that is from my military background. If one of my men screwed up on the job, it was usually my responsibility for not providing enough training. But I ramble.
      November 9, 2020 2:29 PM MST

Being thrown through the word gutter and then told I'll always be a nutter and then blamed like I always utter futter. I did not get put through a grinder so minder your own blinder and leave this country boy with glasses to his own kinder binder winder. This post was edited by CosmicWunderkind at November 9, 2020 2:54 PM MST
      November 9, 2020 2:33 PM MST

I've tried several times in my life to blame others for my negatives but it always turned out the same. I can't accurately blame anyone. Any negativities found in me are all self-induced.
      November 12, 2020 1:08 PM MST

Oh come on---dig deeper.  Surely there is some bovine excrement in your superego that you haven't discovered yet.  Parents are good at putting that (frequently unintentionally) there.

Eventually, I had to start questioning every impulse I had to do just about anything if I could attribute the impulse to something that I learned as a child based on my parents' values.

Doing that can give one amazing insight into previously unknown (script) controls that shortchange one in life.
      November 12, 2020 1:49 PM MST