Danilo_G
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Names » Alphabetically: bay bayou brook cove delta lagoon lake marsh ocean pond river sea spring strait stream

Alphabetically: bay bayou brook cove delta lagoon lake marsh ocean pond river sea spring strait stream

Name some of your favorite movies and/or songs that contain in their titles any of the fifteen words listed above, which are names of bodies of water.
  While admittedly not a completely exhaustive list of all the possible names of bodies of water, there are enough major ones there that give a wide range from which you may find titles.
  Spelling, punctuation, capitalization all must be correct in order to collect the prize. Any verifiable movie or song title of any language may be used, but only the fifteen words shown above can be part of your answer, not merely placing the word in a non-translated title. Also, you must show both the foreign and English versions, and you must state which foreign language(s) you used. (For example, “Río Bravo” translates from Spanish to English as “Rough River”, so the title in Spanish alone would not be accepted, but along with its English translation would be accepted.)

As an added incentive to participate, I will award 1,000 AnswerMug points to the first person who lists fully fifteen separate* movie and/or song titles that fall into the parameters shown above.

*A movie and a song that both have the same title count as two separate entries, such as the name of a theme song that mirrors the name of the movie in which it wa played, or a song that is named after a movie, or a movie that is named after a song.

~

Posted - November 10

• 17194

"She's a River"       Simple Minds

November 10, 2020 8:06 PM MST
    4

• 17194

EDIT: After two attempts to post two of her songs, I suspect Laurie Anderson song videos are not available to "share." 

So, the titles, alone:

"Blue Lagoon"          Laurie Anderson

"Muddy River"          Laurie Anderson

"Over the River"       Laurie Anderson

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at November 12, 2020 9:40 AM MST
      November 10, 2020 8:21 PM MST
    4

• 38495

Thanks, but for this one, posting a recording of the songs themselves is not necessary, just the titles. 

~

November 10, 2020 9:21 PM MST
    3

• 17194
    Sounds good, thanks!
    :)
      November 11, 2020 3:32 AM MST
    3

• 33701
    Duh...

November 10, 2020 9:35 PM MST
    6

• 5994
    That’s the first one I thought of. 
      November 11, 2020 2:35 PM MST
    3

• 13734
    Ocean Eleven
    The River Wild
    Sea of Love
    Blue Bayou
    Delta Dawn
    Blue Lagoon
    On Golden Pond
    Island in the Stream
      November 11, 2020 9:19 AM MST
    4

• 5994
    This is too much work for 1,000 points. Just give me ALL your points cos I said so. 
      November 11, 2020 2:35 PM MST
    5

• 38495

Yeah, right. I’ll include them with your next .73 cent alimony check. Keep holding your breath until you receive them.
    ~

November 11, 2020 2:43 PM MST
    3

• 5994
    I should have never kept my word and given you all your points back after you gave them to me that one time... where’s Element? I’m telling him it’s your fault I took his second place when I should really be about 1245 place. I won’t tell if you give them all back to me now... 
      November 11, 2020 3:01 PM MST
    3

• 38495

I can’t just give you a whole bunch of points without you doing anything to earn them. I’ll tell you what: I’m willing to compromise, so let’s meet and look at some options. Just book a flight to San Diego, I’ll pick you up at the airport and get a room nearby so that you and I can discuss it during an all-nighter.

~

November 11, 2020 3:12 PM MST
    3

• 5994
    You can keep your points thank you very much. 
      November 12, 2020 8:57 AM MST
    1

• 38495

Wait!  You didn’t give me a chance to tell you about the accompanying special program that I had tailor-made just for you! The book is doing great in its genre, so if you stick around, there might even be an upcoming movie deal in it for you!

~

November 12, 2020 3:03 PM MST
    1

• 5994
    Lol :) let me know what the starting offer is when the movie deal comes in. 
      November 12, 2020 5:09 PM MST
    1

• 38495

Sure. I know where to find you . . .

~

November 12, 2020 8:36 PM MST
    0

• 33701
    Don't give her anything. She already stole second place from me. You're next.
      November 11, 2020 3:22 PM MST
    3

• 38495

It’s a compromise. If she works hard enough for the points, she just may earn some of them by the time she leaves to go back home to Canada.  (Cough, cough.)

~

November 11, 2020 6:29 PM MST
    1

• 5994
    lol :) 
      November 12, 2020 8:58 AM MST
    1

• 5243

A River Runs Through It (Movie)*
    River (Song by Joni Mitchell)**
    The River (Song by Garth Brooks)
    The Man from Snowy River (Movie)
    The River (Movie)
    River of Dreams (Song by Billy Joel)

The Cove (Movie)

Lake Placid (Movie)

* Genuinely like this
    **Among my actual favorites

I'm tired of thinking now. 

November 11, 2020 8:20 PM MST
    3

• 23670
    Down to the River to Pray--Alison Kross
    Take Me to the River--Al Green
    Born on the Bayou--CCR
    Chattahoochee--Alan Jackson
    The Ocean--Led Zeppelin
    Moon River--Andy Williams
      November 12, 2020 9:40 AM MST
    1