Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » What happens if MI cannot get the election results certified?

What happens if MI cannot get the election results certified?

Wayne Co (Detroit) is said to have more votes than voters on tbe ledger.  
After some back and forth, the 4 person board cannot agree. (2 Reps and 2 Dems)

Posted - November 19

• 7346
    I think you should consider auditioning for Trump's press secretary's job.
      November 21, 2020 11:55 AM MST
    1

• 23627
    No he has a good one at the moment. 
      November 21, 2020 12:36 PM MST
    0

• 7346
    But it seems that you are even more of a natural than she is.
      November 21, 2020 12:53 PM MST
    0

• 23627
    I know you mean that as an insult but I take it as a compliment.  One cannot do that job properly without being thoroughly informed on issues. 
      November 21, 2020 1:35 PM MST
    0

• 7346
    The current press secretary is simply good at interpreting any truth thrown at her as proof that Trump's policies are always correct and in accordance with Trumpian ideology which always must be seen as good.

I said that you were a "natural"---I did not suggest that you are thoroughly informed on issues---Please don't put words in my mouth.
      November 21, 2020 2:00 PM MST
    2

• 7346
    Ah---so you agree with me that one can't insult another without that other's permission.
      November 21, 2020 2:28 PM MST
    0

• 23627
    No I don't. 
      November 21, 2020 4:08 PM MST
    0

• 7346
    Then you give far too much power to others when you accept what they say as an insult.

For me, that admission is a serious clue to the motivation behind some of your postings, and may explain to some degree what I can accurately describe as the intransigence you display on some of the threads concerning Trump.

As Aristotle said, first one is---and then one acts.
      November 22, 2020 1:11 PM MST
    0

• 23627
    Knowing how something is meant in no way  means that it is accepted or agreed.
      November 22, 2020 4:04 PM MST
    0

• 7346
    There you go reading minds again---There is a difference between sarcasm and insult----you seem to prefer to interpret my remarks as insults---others appreciate the difference. This post was edited by tom jackson at November 22, 2020 4:16 PM MST
      November 22, 2020 4:14 PM MST
    0

• 11175
    I just choked on my coffee. How can ANY Trump supporter complain about somebody ELSE spinning lies?
      November 21, 2020 4:27 PM MST
    1

• 8348
    It has been said that Trump supporters tell lies and then get mad when others don't believe them.
      November 22, 2020 1:25 PM MST
    3

• 7346
    Sounds like a telltale giveaway for identification purposes.
      November 22, 2020 1:36 PM MST
    0

• 402
    I always thought the US had secret ballots like we have in Canada.  From what I see on this discussion you know exactly which way anyone voted because they have to sign their ballots.  Not a democracy I would want to vote in.
      November 21, 2020 1:02 PM MST
    3

• 7346
    We do have secret ballots. 

If one votes by mail, the ballot has no place for your signature (just like when we vote in person at a polling location).  The envelope that you return with your ballot enclosed has a area covering a portion of the envelop flap and the envelope itself that requires your signature.  

When the envelope arrives, your signature is verified, and that validates that the envelope contains a legitimate and legal ballot from a registered voter.  The envelop is then opened and the ballot is removed and placed with all the other ballots so received.  The ballots can then no longer be associated with the individual person who cast that ballot.

When the ballot envelope is opened, it destroys the signature of the registered voter and that prevents the possibility of the envelope being used by another person to cast an illegal ballot.

The ballots themselves are then counted and the results tabulated.
    This post was edited by tom jackson at November 21, 2020 8:20 PM MST
      November 21, 2020 1:28 PM MST
    2

• 23627
    It is the mail-in ballot envelope people must sign.    Another reason to not have mail in ballots in my opinion. How they are able to pull out an illegal vote after it is counted, I do not quite know.  They may not even be able to.   Just chaos right now. 

In person is supposed to be secret ballot.  On paper ballot it certainly is.  I do not know that I would trust that computer voting is secret even in person.  But they claim it is. This post was edited by my2cents at November 21, 2020 1:44 PM MST
      November 21, 2020 1:33 PM MST
    1

• 7346
    You say, "Another reason to not have mail in ballots in my opinion."

A BAD reason, in my opinion---see my answer to Maurice214
      November 21, 2020 1:50 PM MST
    0

• 5220
    Nothing? 
      November 21, 2020 8:16 PM MST
    2