Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Danilo_G
CosmicWunderkind
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Have you ever discovered a gift from Sufi Putpocket mysteriously planted at your among your things?

Have you ever discovered a gift from Sufi Putpocket mysteriously planted at your among your things?

She practices random act of kindness and beauty.

She might anonymously place gifts on your doorstep,

or sprinkle seeds of herbs in gardens, parks and roadsides,

or play music in public places (If you give her a donation she gives it to charity),

or give you the extra coins when you're in front in a line and you've run out of change,

or hand you a meal if you're homeless.

If you've encountered her, what did she do for you?

Posted - November 22, 2020

Responses

Is that an Australian thing? I’ve never heard of it before.
    ~

November 22, 2020 12:26 PM MST

I'll answer your in a day or so, after others have answered. ;)
      November 22, 2020 12:32 PM MST

Twentyfour hours gone.

I invented Sufi Putpocket - an imaginary character. She is a Sufi - and esoteric type of Muslim who goes around spreading unconditional love in acts of anonymous kindness to strangers.

But people like her really do exist.
    There was that amazing man who, after the Charlie Ebdo attack in Paris, dragged a grand piano to outside the comic's office and played John Lennon's Give Peace a Chance. That gesture was so beautiful that I cried.
    I've seen strangers help an old person take a box of groceries to the car, rescue injured wildlife - all sorts of things. Random kindness is not so uncommon.
    I believe it's catching. It makes you feel so good that you want to pass it along to others.

But I wondered how often others might notice it, or even practice it themselves.
    Though probably the ones that do would be the last to admit it.
      November 23, 2020 4:30 AM MST