Active Now

Zack
Discussion » Questions » Legal » Some people recently invited me to eat with them, but it turned out to be a hostile lunch environment. I can sue, can’t I?

Some people recently invited me to eat with them, but it turned out to be a hostile lunch environment. I can sue, can’t I?

Posted - December 5, 2020

Responses

Maybe if you put enough mayo on it you wouldn't taste the nasty avocado? 
      December 5, 2020 8:10 PM MST

You are absolutely no help whatsoever. I’m adding your name to the list of defendants. Grrrrrrr.
    ~

December 5, 2020 8:41 PM MST

No sandwiches, huh?   A clear violation of lunch ethics.
      December 5, 2020 9:59 PM MST

I know, right? Besides that, the waitress was Australian, so how can I be sure she wasn’t carrying trace amounts of Vegemite on her person or clothing or hair?
    ~

December 5, 2020 10:03 PM MST

No one forced you to accept. I should swear out a counter-suit, badmouthing Vegemite is not cool.
      December 5, 2020 11:32 PM MST

It was a classic example of bait-and-switch. The avocado-laden attempt at murdering me was sprung upon me at the last moment after I had already been seated and lured into engaging in lively conversation on a variety of topics. The hosts then distracted me further by introducing subjects that called for deep concentration and little focus on peripherals. The plate full of poison was surreptitiously plopped under my nose during a spirited debate as to whether or not Australians have higher instances of high blood pressure due to their country being upside down, causing blood to rush to the head 24/7 (by the way, I argued in defense of you Aussies, I said it is a silly premise). They tried to sneak it in on me unnoticed, so I’ll gladly answer your countersuit in court with the satisfaction of being alive as opposed to having been done away with at the hands of underhanded opportunists. (I think they were trying to get my tilde collection.  Grrrrrrrr.)

~

December 6, 2020 8:23 AM MST