Active Now

Zack
Element 99
Shuhak
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Just what New Jersey needs right now! Parts of it will be hit with 12-18 inches of snow. What's the weather like where you are?

Just what New Jersey needs right now! Parts of it will be hit with 12-18 inches of snow. What's the weather like where you are?

Today's high in Hemet, California is projected to be 66. It is dry. Quite livable

Posted - December 13, 2020

Responses

Ditto! Thank you for your reply E! )
      December 18, 2020 3:05 AM MST

About the same as Jersey, but we're only due for 6-10 inches.
      December 13, 2020 3:57 PM MST

Bummer! Well if you don't have to go out into it maybe it will be pretty to look at from safe inside your home. Thank you for your reply StuB and Happy Monday to thee and thine! :)
      December 14, 2020 1:28 AM MST

Cloudy, raining today and for the next week or so. 42°F and a slight bit of breeze. ( Vancouver BC)
      December 14, 2020 9:36 AM MST

Rain? "For the next week or so"? Oh my goodness Kg if you get too much couldja send some to California? Only if you have a surplus. All things considered it sounds delightful to me considering what our pals on the east coast went through with that snow storm. How are things otherwise (viruswise) with thee and thine? FINE I hope! Thank you for your reply Kg and Happy Monday to thee! :)
      December 21, 2020 5:20 AM MST

Virus wise we've been in a surge condition for a few weeks now,  average about 650 new infections daily, total 45,400 infections and total 724 deaths in British Columbia.

Population of BC is about 4 million persons. This post was edited by Kittigate at December 21, 2020 10:22 AM MST
      December 21, 2020 10:13 AM MST

Condolences m'dear. It's getting worse everywhere. London is in lockdown due to the shifting nature of the virus. California is leading in new cases and deaths but of course we are the most heavily populated state so it makes sense. The long dark winter is happening. When we come out on the other side what will have been left behind? Thank you for your reply Kg. I pray we talk again and again and again and again! :)
      December 21, 2020 10:24 AM MST

A cold 36° and raining, 70% chance of snow Wednesday night into Thursday morning.... I hate snow. :(
      December 14, 2020 9:40 AM MST

Well snow can be very pretty to look at but to live in? Not so hot. Black ice? So scary dangerous when you lose control of the car and it skids. N'oreasters are not fun to have to be out in. But the afterwards when you're inside a warm cozy home looking out it can be breathtaking! We lived in East Acton, Massachusetts for five years and there were hardships during the winter for sure. Another thing is that in the spring when the snows begins to melt it gets all gray and slushy and that is not so pretty. I suppose everything has an upside and a downside if you look hard enough! I remember once looking out the window through very long icicles! We lived in a second floor apartment and across the way there were woods. All the trees were laden with snow and it looked perfectly beautiful. It's so good to have those memories. But life is much easier when snow is something you drive to as we do in California. It snows in the mountains and skiers adore it. But down on the flats...no snow. So we have to choose to go to it. Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday to thee and thine m'dear! :)
      December 20, 2020 1:48 AM MST

We had about 6 in of snow last week but it is gone now. It is 60 today.  
      December 21, 2020 10:22 AM MST

15 inches snow this past Thursday. 
      December 22, 2020 8:17 PM MST