Active Now

Randy D
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » What do you think would be something very scary?

What do you think would be something very scary?

Eg. Being caught in an avalanche; being taken prisoner of war..etc.

Posted - December 18, 2020

Responses

Getting masered on by electromagnetic radiation wave sounds to death. This post was edited by CosmicWunderkind at August 24, 2023 1:00 AM MDT
      December 18, 2020 5:12 PM MST

Having to live on the streets.
      December 18, 2020 6:37 PM MST

Sometimes, living on the street can be better then a home you are trapped in.
      December 18, 2020 7:25 PM MST

Don't know about that. I left a comfortable home because I couldn't make it on my parents' terms and eventually ended up living on the street and it was not enjoyable. I moved in with an older guy I had sex with just for the hot baths and decent meals.  That was better than the street.
      December 20, 2020 8:42 PM MST

Getting stranded on a Vancouver Island logging road at night and then hearing a group of Big Foot getting close to you. Cheers and happy weekend!
      December 18, 2020 6:52 PM MST

I was in Vancouver.. Burnaby by Kings Row many times and went to Expo 86 over there. My Irish brother looked bothered and someone ask why. He said "Too many Brits" I got Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers over there and Paul Rothchilds most beautiful women book. I read The Happy Hooker by Xavier Hollander at 12.. Ohhboy!

This post was edited by CosmicWunderkind at December 19, 2020 1:48 PM MST
      December 18, 2020 8:55 PM MST

I haven't thought about the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers in a long time loved reading their comics. Cheers and happy weekend!
      December 18, 2020 9:05 PM MST

For archaeology to suddenly discover a whole swath of irrefutable evidence to shockingly and convincingly overturn our previous view of human origins, and instead point to extreme theorists like Zecharia Sitchin having been right all along, and humanity had been purposely genetically engineered from more primitive hominid species by the Annunaki and their kind in the distant past. Former evidence to the contrary either having been mistakenly or deliberately misinterpreted, or completely faked.

December 18, 2020 8:13 PM MST

Adding just they think a primitive alien culture visited the Aztecs or the Egyptions..food for thought. I have to come back to this. Hey! They are getting alien messages from space now to be studied. It may draw a parallel to this genetic thing you surmise. Just checking on us to see how the petri dish is doing. Any progress? This post was edited by CosmicWunderkind at August 24, 2023 5:57 PM MDT
      December 18, 2020 8:23 PM MST

I have to clarify that I don't currently believe the Sitchin hypothesis mentioned above. If solid evidence ever did materialize then I would have to, of course. I do believe our ancient history is based too much on shaky inference and sloppy study presented as fact, and that evidence contrary to conventional thought is conveniently lost, hidden or bulldozed out of existence. Then there was that avenue of huge mature European Oaks that had to be felled en-masse because some concerned expert suddenly realized they would need to have been growing there long before the first European arrived - according to the history books.      
      December 18, 2020 8:48 PM MST

trump knocking at my door.
      December 18, 2020 8:17 PM MST

Or another four years of him and his administration.
      December 18, 2020 9:49 PM MST

This movie ended up being THE scariest and THE most disturbing movie I've ever seen (and one of the very best). And it's all so very quiet, polite and unassuming.

Director Michael Haneke's original 1997 "Funny Games" (not Haneke's American remake that he made of his own movie)

August 24, 2023 1:05 AM MDT