Discussion » Questions » answerMug » What could Answermug do with a little more of, and what could it do with a little less of?

What could Answermug do with a little more of, and what could it do with a little less of?

I am hoping that any offensive or thoroughly obnoxious responses will be penned with such fine literary style and flourish, and a joy to read, that I will have no option but to excuse the writer his (or her) arrogant rudeness (if that's what it is). But I earnestly solicit a thoughtful, instructive response - in which my name is not mentioned. Thank you.     

Posted - December 22, 2020

Responses

How does one move from pleasantries and small talk to interesting conversations with depth and significance?

What subjects arouse our emotions and keep us engaged?

How do we navigate differences of view in a way which leads us to understand one another better? I mean understand below the surface - what led us to think as we do? How do our beliefs help serve our needs?

We could try a competition for the best abydocomist — the liar who brags most entertainingly about their lies wins by popular vote. 

We could discuss our most revolting habits - how we pick our noses or whether we drool in our sleep.

We could share our pecadillos or the moments when we've tripped on our own shoelaces or kicked a train door in anger because it closed too soon.

We could zoom with Element into the cosmos to explore the wonders of astronomical phenomena, or down into the nanosphere to explore quantum paradoxes.

We could ask ourselves why we are, whether we have purpose, and if not, what might be the best purpose to create and why.

We could go in infinite directions and still re-find each other here.

This post was edited by inky at December 23, 2020 2:01 AM MST
      December 22, 2020 5:09 PM MST

Dude. That's deep. 
      December 22, 2020 6:48 PM MST

I hope Stemmata likes it.

December 22, 2020 7:25 PM MST

I would hope so!
      December 22, 2020 7:42 PM MST

I would hope so!
      December 22, 2020 7:42 PM MST

Duplicate post. 

December 22, 2020 8:50 PM MST

It happens. I'm okay with it. 
      December 23, 2020 4:13 PM MST

Hope upon hope, eh Savvy. No problem there.
      December 23, 2020 2:09 AM MST

Stemmata is easy going; Stemmata is open-minded; Stemmata likes it.
      December 23, 2020 2:08 AM MST

Inky...another question to ask. Thanks. And thanks for dropping my name. I don't deserve that much attention here.
      December 22, 2020 8:05 PM MST

Which question to ask?

You certainly do deserve a mention - you're unique in the sense that no one else here has as much knowledge of science. Your style of humour, with it's frequent puns and plays on logic, helps carry us along.
    And so does your open-minded approach to life.

I felt a bit bad that I didn't give each of the long-time muggers a special mention. All make it a better place.
    There are some who've left whom I really miss.
    But the site has also winnowed out the trolls, and that's one of the reasons I like it so much.
      December 22, 2020 8:16 PM MST

(it's its frequent puns)

December 22, 2020 8:51 PM MST

He's right Inky. He doesn't deserve that much attention here.
      December 23, 2020 2:10 AM MST

Are you a professor of philosophy only here to pick up a few wrinkles on how the human brain operates when it is obliged to communicate remotely via sterile electronic media? You typed a lot of stuff there, I don't see a time stamp on your post, but can't you sleep either? Thanks for your input. I hall need to digest that.
      December 23, 2020 2:06 AM MST

More active members. 

More participation. 

Fewer avocados, less guacamole, and less Vegemite in the break room.

~

December 22, 2020 7:19 PM MST

Haha they know who they are. 
      December 22, 2020 7:26 PM MST