Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Politics » "Peaceful protesters" just stormed the Capital. This getting real....Lawmakers evacuated. How long will it take to get it under control?

"Peaceful protesters" just stormed the Capital. This getting real....Lawmakers evacuated. How long will it take to get it under control?

No what I was wanting.  I was looking forward to debates and perhaps some evidence being presented.   Hopefully resulting in the returning of electors to states to do a real audit. 

No one reported as harmed so far. Thankfully.

Posted - January 6, 2021

Responses

That is too bad. But she should not have went inside the Capital. 
      January 6, 2021 7:24 PM MST

Indeed.
      January 6, 2021 7:31 PM MST

The woman who was shot didn't make it.  One of the reporters said she was shot in the neck and was dripping blood when removed from the scene on a gurney.  Must have hit the carotid artery.  She hadn't been identified as of 7 PM nor was the shooter.
      January 6, 2021 8:24 PM MST

Her name is Ashli Babbit. She was a 14 yr veteran. She was shot by the Capital Police Secret Service.  This post was edited by my2cents at January 7, 2021 3:10 PM MST
      January 6, 2021 8:44 PM MST

Tragic, but it served her right for being part of a treasonous mob. The snipers on the roof should have opened fire and taken out a few dozen more of these thugs. This post was edited by Stu Spelling Bee at January 7, 2021 10:53 AM MST
      January 6, 2021 9:17 PM MST

I am sure you advocate the same treatment to those who burned US cities this past year as well....

She was unarmed as were the vast majority of attendees. 

The protesters who were outside had every right to be there. 
      January 7, 2021 5:58 AM MST

Hard to believed that there were only 13 arrests.  So much for Trumpalina's law and order.
      January 7, 2021 6:19 AM MST

Over 50 arrests and 4 or 5 dead. 
      January 7, 2021 1:17 PM MST

Those counts came in after I went to bed last night.  I heard the arrests were for disobeying the curfew.  After everything those criminals did, all they could come up with was a curfew charge?
      January 7, 2021 2:44 PM MST

She got what she deserved.  
      January 7, 2021 6:18 AM MST

I agree she should not have been there...

But lets look at it.  She was unarmed. The people around her also unarmed. She was even in the another room from the Capital police. (Allegedly shot through the door) ....
    Does this sound familar? 

What would we be hearing if she were Black and shot by a white officer? How many riots would follow?   

January 7, 2021 6:26 AM MST

I don't care who she was, what she did, where she came from, whether or not she was armed or any other fact you want to use to justify her being there.  She didn't belong there - period - and neither did the others.  Too bad they didn't suffer the same fate after storming the Capitol.  They may have had a right to peacefully protest outside the building, but they sure as hell did not have the right to storm the barricades, enter the Capitol, create havoc, enter private offices or any commit any other illegal acts.  There is NO justification for what they did.  Play with fire, expect to get burned (or in this case, killed).
      January 7, 2021 6:31 AM MST

Did you not read the first part of my post? I said I agree...she and the others should not have been inside the Capital. I do not justify her or the others being there. 

As I said I condemn all the crazies...right wing and left.   Something most left and media do not do. Media still claim BLM riots with cities burning in the background as peaceful. 

I just noticed some simlarities.  

I do not know it there are different rules for police at the Capital...(likely are) but under normal laws....first shot fired should not have been by police at an unarmed person.   

Again, I am not condemning the police. She and the others should not have been there. 
      January 7, 2021 6:42 AM MST

Anyone breaking into my house will face my axe. I don't own a gun.
      January 7, 2021 10:55 AM MST

That works too.  
    We have a guard cat as well. 
      January 7, 2021 1:16 PM MST

Yesterday at Trump's rally Rudy Giuilani helped fire up the crowd by claiming  voter fraud and one of the things he said was - we will have a trail by combate. I think those words had a factor in causing the riot. Cheers!
      January 7, 2021 10:28 AM MST

He did...I did not like that phrase.  I looked it up on pro-Trump site and they were saying the term for using Military court instead of civil courts. 

I did not like it because most people would not no that term and it can have different meanings.  I think Rudy is past is prime and is not a good lawyer anymore.  I would have fired his butt along time ago. 
      January 7, 2021 1:25 PM MST

Yeah he should of  included the word leagle  - we are going to do a leagle trial  by combat. I am going to search about that millitary court thing. Awile back a general said the milatary does not get involved in politics so I don'the think it is going to happen.. Cheers!
      January 7, 2021 1:47 PM MST