Active Now

Danilo_G
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Politics » What’s the best way for a state governor to respond to a recall initiative? ~

What’s the best way for a state governor to respond to a recall initiative? ~

Well, if you’re the governor of California, “suddenly discover” a so-called “budget surplus” of $18 billion dollars (right in the middle of a global pandemic AND after you’ve ordered arbitrary shutdowns of thousands of small businesses and forced the statewide economic situation to tank), and pledge distribute it to the state‘s population. No problem if it looks like a bribe to buy people off in an effort to stifle the recall, AND if it ignores the fact that over $2 billion in unemployment funds was paid to scammers and convicted felons houses in the state’s prison system [No such inmate is eligible to receive unemployment benefits, but no cross-checking of applicants exists in California.]

Companion post: https://answermug.com/forums/topic/121995/good-ol-government-in-action-thousands-of-californians-aren-t

Posted - January 8, 2021

Responses

Randy, I'm surprised at your run-on first sentence that ends improperly.  

"Well, if you’re the governor of California, “suddenly discover” a so-called “budget surplus” of $18 billion dollars (right in the middle of a global pandemic AND after you’ve ordered arbitrary shutdowns of thousands of small businesses and forced the statewide economic situation to tank), and pledge distribute it to the state‘s population. "  The "no problem" should have come after "population."  You set up the background and then left everyone hanging!  The second sentence doesn't make much more sense.  You've mixed your metphors, or left hanging chads, or forgotten noun, verb, adjective placement - or something.  
      January 9, 2021 6:59 AM MST

Oops!  (Please don’t turn me in to internal affairs!)

January 9, 2021 7:02 AM MST

LOL ... someone must have put mayo on your sandwich.
      January 9, 2021 7:42 AM MST

That’s it, that’s the ticket, sure, that’s exactly how it was!! I’ve been poisoned, I‘m whacked way out of my head and I can’t be held responsible for my actions while under the spell of the toxins! Terrorists, that’s who did it. That’s it, I remember it all now, grammar terrorists. No, pirates. Not terrorists but good old fashioned buccaneers. Yes, 18th century pirates were teleported here and took exception to my unrestricted access to all of the saucy wenches in The Harem! I’m telling the truth, I really am. They spiked the sandwiches with spoiled guacamole, no, it was mayonnaise, yeah, expired mayo that had been left in the sun all night long. Yeah, that’s the ticket!

~

January 9, 2021 2:03 PM MST

Resign.  The people elected you and you obviously have let them down.  Go away.  Walk off a cliff.  Anything. 
      January 10, 2021 8:09 PM MST

If the reasons for the recall initiative are based on facts, then the proper response should be to resign.
      January 21, 2021 1:00 PM MST