Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » What were the worst side effects you’ve ever suffered from a medication that had been prescribed to you? ~

What were the worst side effects you’ve ever suffered from a medication that had been prescribed to you? ~

Companion question: https://answermug.com/forums/topic/123835/what-are-some-side-effects-you-experienced-from-prescribed-medic/view/post_id/871406

~

Posted - February 9, 2021

Responses

Sleeping pill, my doc prescribed 3 different kinds but they all had the same effect - not effective and when tried to get up and out of bed I was very dizzy and disoriented. Anyway my sleep did come back eventually.
      February 9, 2021 10:24 AM MST

I got higher than a kite.  (look at all these pretty lights flashing around me).   A coworker had to drive me home from work and put me to bed. 
      February 9, 2021 10:39 AM MST

A doc gave me a prescription for codeine for toothache pain until I could get to the dentist.  I thought the top of my head was sheared off.  Then, I got a prescription for Advair for some supposed "asthma" type issue and I was sure I could fly.  
      February 9, 2021 10:43 AM MST

Very low BP from a heart med. 80/40. Doc took me off of it.
      February 9, 2021 10:59 AM MST

Anaphylaxis. 

Not cool. 
      February 10, 2021 4:28 PM MST

i used to take a medication for MS that made me incredibly ill. i would get violently sick and vomit, plus bad diarrhoea. i would also get “flushed“ and my body temperature would increase so much that I would get super dehydrated and one time my vision faded and I almost passed out 

i stopped taking it because my doctor refused to prescribe me enough zofran for every dose 
      February 25, 2021 11:08 PM MST