Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » Did you know that in the past six weeks we had a policeman shot and killed in the line of duty, and three toddlers shot, two of them killed?

Did you know that in the past six weeks we had a policeman shot and killed in the line of duty, and three toddlers shot, two of them killed?

I didn't think so.

Posted - February 12, 2021

Responses

No, I didn't know.

I looked up the reports after reading your question.

I've been shaking my head a lot, lately. I don't have anything I can say. Very heavy events.
      February 12, 2021 5:01 PM MST

Yeah...and you are close by.
      February 12, 2021 8:09 PM MST

Yes.

(I admit I've not been watching/ listening / reading a lot lately.)

Saddened me just to read even the very little I read on both events.
      February 12, 2021 8:18 PM MST

By “we”, are you referring to your local area? (If I remember correctly, you’re in Toledo, Ohio.)

If you’re not just talking about your local area, if you’re talking about  throughout the entire United States, the sad fact is that numerous people have been killed in the past six weeks.

:(

February 12, 2021 7:28 PM MST

Toledo...
      February 12, 2021 8:09 PM MST

"But the second amendment!" Repeal it, or require background checks at the very least, as well as a 10 business day cooling-off period between purchase of a firearm and delivery of same.
      February 12, 2021 10:27 PM MST

Reading the New York Daily News every morning has become a litany of shootings of various aged people around the City, including a baby that was killed in her bed by a stray bullet.  We've also had a rash of roving bands of teens knocking elderly people down on the streets in the middle of the day and people getting shoved off the subway platforms.  Since they did away with stop and frisk, perpetrators aren't afraid to carry their guns and use them at will.  
      February 13, 2021 12:42 AM MST

Defund the police is a top priority in many jurisdictions.  Criminals and potential criminals and wanna-be criminals and criminals-in-training aren’t so stupid that they don’t understand what’s been in the news headlines 24 hours a day for more than six months now: public outcry that diminishes effective policing, ESPECIALLY in the locations were the most ardent threats of lawlessness and violence exist. Criminals are having their field day, happily thumbing their noses at even the possibility of negative consequences for illegal actions. A culture that coddles them and lopsidedly presents them as the victims can only have one inevitable outcome.

:(

February 13, 2021 7:38 AM MST

I couldn't agree more.  They have opened Pandora's Box and this is the result.  
      February 13, 2021 11:54 AM MST

Yea? And?
      February 13, 2021 7:49 AM MST

It happens so often country-wide that little attention is given to the problems anywhere...not just this one-horse town.
      February 13, 2021 8:21 AM MST

By the same token, are YOU aware of the tragic incidents of violence that are occurring at others’ locations worldwide?  Your “I didn’t think so” line seems to suggest our apathy or lack of empathy for the events that took place where you live, but I wonder how fair that is, based on the fact that not everyone can know everything that is happening all over the world all the time. 

February 13, 2021 8:54 AM MST