Discussion » Questions » Politics » How is it that “politicos” on both sides of the aisle failed to decide on a stimulus since Aug 2020 yet conducted impeachment in five days?

How is it that “politicos” on both sides of the aisle failed to decide on a stimulus since Aug 2020 yet conducted impeachment in five days?

Posted - February 14, 2021

Responses

1. Because toteh reps, the impeachment outcome was pre-resolved.  No matter what happened, the republicans were going to acquit him.  
    2. Neither the dems or the reps are going to give an "ok" to something the other side drew up. (selfish pride)
    3. It's not affecting them.
      February 14, 2021 11:01 AM MST

Good question. Perhaps it was a matter of priority. In this case, it seemed that the priority was to inflict as much damage on Trump as possible at the expense of everything thing else. Trump was acquitted so that priority choice was a failure. My question is, what will their next priority be? A stimulus or something else as equally inane and circus-like as the impeachment trials? As always, just my opinion.
      February 15, 2021 11:20 AM MST

The closing words on the left’s broadcasting platform “60 Minutes” on Sunday February 14, 2021 foretold of the next plan in place to seek prosecution of Trump over the state of Georgia‘s voting official. 
    ~

February 15, 2021 7:40 PM MST

I wasn't aware of that but it doesn't surprise me. Thanks for the heads up. :)
      February 16, 2021 12:24 PM MST

Before the election....establishment party did not want to give Trump a win.  Pelosi thought she could top Trump by saying $2000 but backfired because Trump agreed to it. 
    McConnell (establishment) killed it. Refusing to pass a clean bill. 
    Trump did get the $600 passed in Dec. 

After election, Dems overreach as normal...impeachment 2.0 and they want an even bigger bill. 

Establishment does not care about regular people. This post was edited by my2cents at February 16, 2021 12:24 PM MST
      February 15, 2021 8:06 PM MST