Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » ''Do not believe everything you hear'. What is something you heard recently that you do not believe?

''Do not believe everything you hear'. What is something you heard recently that you do not believe?

Posted - February 22, 2021

Responses

“Nobody keeps a harem any more, that kind of thing went out with the 1800s!”

~

February 22, 2021 2:41 PM MST

Did you actually hear that?
      February 22, 2021 3:15 PM MST

Yes, but I was able to sign her anyway. I have some extremely persuasive ways of turning around the naysayers . . .

~

February 22, 2021 3:22 PM MST

I heard the vet say that my cat will be a sweetheart when he goes there tomorrow  (he hasn't in 10 years, so why would tomorrow be any different?).

I heard that the cable company say that'd be at my house Wednesday between the hours of noon and 3 pm  (Uh-huh...I'm still waiting for them to show up for last year's "appointment").
      February 22, 2021 2:43 PM MST

About Andrew Cuomo.. I'm sure Andrew Cuomo is better man than this I just grafted. This whole debacle about withholding nursing home info is unjustified and the poster is a liar. It's the other way around! I saw a news clip where Andrew actually said this man could destroy me you know?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

No man has ever spoken to me like that in my entire life," Kim said of his phone call with Cuomo. "At some point he tried to humiliate me, asking: 'Are you a lawyer? I didn't think so. You're not a lawyer.' It almost felt like in retrospect he was trying to bait me and anger me and say something inappropriate. I'm glad I didn't.

Kim's wife told CNN that she had overheard parts of Kim's phone call with Cuomo last week, and described the governor as "loud" and "angry." She said she heard Cuomo say, "Who do you think you are?" as well as the words, "my wrath," and that immediately after the phone call, her husband told her: "The governor threatened to destroy my life."

This post was edited by CosmicWunderkind at February 22, 2021 8:43 PM MST
      February 22, 2021 5:21 PM MST

That is pretty interesting.
      February 22, 2021 6:12 PM MST

"Beatbox"       Art of Noise

(The first 12 seconds apply for my answer)

And I truly don't believe how much I love hearing this song -  and pretty much anything by this group.

February 22, 2021 8:13 PM MST

Someone posted on Facebook that Texas pays for New York and asked why should they?  That is preposterous.  New York only gets $.91 cents back out of every dollar it sends to the feds.  New York is one of only ten states that pays in more than it gets back.  Texas, along with several other states gets back more than it pays in, so which one is the welfare state?
      February 22, 2021 9:56 PM MST