Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » If you could start a Society for the Benefits of Greedy People (SBGP) how much would you charge for membership?

If you could start a Society for the Benefits of Greedy People (SBGP) how much would you charge for membership?

An example of Society benefits would be like 'how to get other people to do your work' etc. (and many other things).

Posted - February 26, 2021

Responses

Hey, wait . . .

Highly thought-provoking, profound, intriguing, and prolific. 

On one hand, devising such an organization in the first place might mean that its founder is also greedy, and therefore would most likely charge an exorbitant fee, effectively gouging the members. Those who consider joining would have to decide if their own greed is such that they understand a high fee and are comfortable with paying it for the privilege of belonging to a kindred spirit society, or if their own greed prevents them from splurging on fees that cut into their own wallets.

On the other hand, if the founder isn’t greedy, there might be a sympathetic air in charging a slight fee, leaving the membership to either carry out its greedy ways only in dealing with others, or employing ethics that serve to show the membership a better way. The former choice is similar to the concept of purchasing insurance: it’s in the best interests of the insurance provider that the incidents being guarded against never take place or are minimal in damage to the insured.

Furthermore, there are other types of greed besides monetary. Paying a high fee to access mounds of food, for instance, or for the opportunity to rub elbows with others who share the proclivity for acquiring goods or services at exponentially ridiculous levels or quantities.

I would require prospective members to fill out a highly detailed financial background spread, and upon reviewing it, I would base the dues on a percentage of what they could afford. A high percentage at that.

~

February 26, 2021 6:14 AM MST

Great Answer!

Umm.. how do i give myself AP for such a Great Question? This post was edited by Kittigate at February 26, 2021 6:27 AM MST
      February 26, 2021 6:25 AM MST

HahahahahHAHAHAHAHA Now that is a funny question.  
      February 26, 2021 4:28 PM MST

Thank-you!
      February 26, 2021 4:50 PM MST

As much as I can get.
      February 26, 2021 7:24 PM MST

They must cry with tears rolling down their face however they may achieve it.
      February 26, 2021 7:41 PM MST