Active Now

Danilo_G
DannyPetti
Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » I've never really bought it when someone posts traffic online claiming that they're using a relative's or friend's account; I think it's

I've never really bought it when someone posts traffic online claiming that they're using a relative's or friend's account; I think it's

usually one person pretending to be someone else or trying to pose as another person.  How about you, what do you think?

Examples: 

"I'm using my older brother's computer because mine isn't working . . . "

Or

"This is Jim's wife and I want to give my point of view . . . "

Or

"Normally this is an adult-only forum, but I found my roommate's laptop logged onto this website and it seems interesting . . . "

~

Posted - October 21, 2016

Responses

• I used to see that on Yahoo Answers a lot and I never bought it either. 
      October 21, 2016 10:15 PM MDT

Yup, and that's all I have to say about that.
      October 22, 2016 4:28 AM MDT

Why are you so weird and hard to understand?
    ~
      October 22, 2016 6:50 AM MDT

In all honesty, I have a friend who does use my computer at work on the regular, and she doesn't even log me out of any of my accounts.  Everybody in the office uses mine because it's the only one to do inventory on, and it's also the only computer that does what my job entails, so my friend will use my facebook profile, she'll answer questions for gamefaqs, and post various things about political arguments she got into with people on the internet, in my name.  While have never seen her say "I'm using a friend's computer" or anything like that, it does happen, and some people are sincere about it.  Just this lady's two cents.
      October 22, 2016 5:25 AM MDT

Thank you. When she does it, does she let readers know that it's not you posting the content?
    ~
      October 22, 2016 6:50 AM MDT
  • D&D

Erm there are shared accounts where we (housemate, family) use it to post Q&A. Convenience.
      October 22, 2016 5:54 AM MDT

Ok, thank you. 

~
      October 22, 2016 6:48 AM MDT

Sha-zam gollleee..................................you're really smart.
      October 22, 2016 1:22 PM MDT

i think stuff like that happens
      October 22, 2016 6:56 PM MDT