Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Climbed through a window to get into something, or to get out of something.

Climbed through a window to get into something, or to get out of something.

Of the two activities above, which one have you done more times in your life?

~

Posted - March 8, 2021

Responses

I used to sit in the window of my car. If that counts but never went all the way inside. 

Other than that neither. I have never went through the window of a building. This post was edited by my2cents at March 8, 2021 6:07 PM MST
      March 8, 2021 6:01 PM MST

(I have never went gone . . . )

When using the auxiliary verb “have” in the context of the sentence above, the past participle is the only correct conjunction of the next verb. You are referring to an action that has never taken place.

If the auxiliary verb is not used, you are referring to an action that did not take place on a single occasion, on a particular occasion, numerous occasions, or on a continued basis in the past: “I never went through . . . ”

March 9, 2021 5:22 AM MST

I was living illegally in an office space I was renting and found myself locked out one evening after the bar had closed. I found a small window at ground level so I cracked it open with my boot and made it home for the night. 
    After that I had to be in by 5pm before they locked up. Was a ratty old building and there was a number of people living there illegally. Management was pretty lax at that time.
      March 8, 2021 8:59 PM MST

(Was a ratty old building and there was were a number of people living there illegally.)

March 8, 2021 9:02 PM MST

I locked myself out of my apartment and had to go to my upstairs neighbor who let me come down the fire escape to get into my place.
      March 8, 2021 9:25 PM MST

~

March 8, 2021 9:27 PM MST

Good thing it happened when I was slim enough and agile enough to do that.  One of my neighbors has a set of my keys so I don't have to go through that again.
      March 9, 2021 10:45 AM MST

I stepped outside my front door in a gown to get the paper.  My two-year-old locked the storm door.  I tried telling her to turn the little button again but she just said my name over and over like "why are you outside?"  Thank goodness I didn't lock one of the  living room windows when I cleaned the sills.   There was another time and I don't remember the details but I had to break one of the panes to unlock a LR window.  

When I was dating my husband I regularly climbed out my bedroom window onto the front porch to hang out with him.  He would sometimes wake me during the night.  Those are good memories.  I was still in high school; he was in college.   I climbed out the window for other reasons too.  My mom made me be home by 10 and sometimes I wanted to stay out later.  I would go in, say goodnight, go to my room, turn off the light, climb out the window.  Never got in trouble.  I often wondered if she knew but let it go. 
      March 9, 2021 12:59 AM MST

I stepped outside my front door in a gown to get the paper.”

Photographic evidence, please, or your story cannot be verified. (Cough, cough.)
    ~

March 9, 2021 11:13 AM MST