Active Now

Element 99
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » How does a police officer mistake a taser for a pistol?

How does a police officer mistake a taser for a pistol?

Report is that the officer in the most recent killing of Daunte Wright, 20, in Minnesota thought she pulled her taser, but it was her gun.  

Tasers

Pistols:  Sig Sauer, Glock 19 and Glock Gen 4

Posted - April 12, 2021

Responses

As I previously stated, officers receive training in how to deal with someone in crisis, such as a panic attack, mental illness or drug intoxication. Apparently you prefer to live in a world where police can be allowed to use force to resolve each and every situation. There are other options, but you don't want to consider that possibility. Maybe Chauvin will be convicted but if there is even one person with your attitude on the jury, it won't happen. I'm done here, so you needn't bother to tell me again that I am wrong and you are right. I heard you the first time.
      April 14, 2021 2:13 PM MDT

So, blame the victim (Floyd) for the racist pig cop (Chauvin).  
      April 14, 2021 7:59 AM MDT

Well, it’s obvious that George Floyd forced the officer to kill him. I’ll bet he willed his throat to collapse under pressure just to spite Chaivin Chauvin. Floyd has certainly shown them, hasn’t he?

This post was edited by Randy D at April 14, 2021 3:42 PM MDT
      April 14, 2021 8:05 AM MDT

Clearly, Floyd was begging to have his neck knelt on, otherwise why would he have been on the floor on his stomach with his hands handcuffed behind his back?  
      April 14, 2021 8:22 AM MDT

ok. blame the victim. 
      April 14, 2021 3:28 PM MDT

That bit of sarcasm went right over your head.  I wasn't blaming the victim!
      April 14, 2021 9:36 PM MDT

Noit did not. You just happen to feel satisfied that it did.
    I try not to join the follies by replying to sarcasm.
    Thank you for admitting your sarcasm.
    This post was edited by antibiotic at April 15, 2021 4:25 AM MDT
      April 15, 2021 4:19 AM MDT

It’s not a question of “admitting” sarcasm. Her sarcasm was neither hidden nor subliminal, it was obvious, apparent, and intentional, so it didn’t need to be admitted to in retrospect.  The fact that you overlooked the sarcasm, or failed to realize it for what it was, that’s why she stressed to you that it was sarcasm, not an admission from her that you had caught her at some sneakiness on her part.
      April 15, 2021 6:42 AM MDT

I never try to hide my sarcasm - it's out in the open for anyone to see.  Thank you for not joining the follies by responding to my sarcasm.  Have a nice day.
      April 15, 2021 7:37 AM MDT

The sad thing is that if you or I were driving with expired tags, at most, an officer would roll down his window and remind us to renew them. There was no reason for multiple officers to respond or to use force on this man. His offenses were minor and they knew who he was and where he lived.  I can't explain what happened with the police officer ( a 26 year veteran) but speculation is that she had already had her gun drawn and then just forgot to switch weapons.  

It is time to stop blaming the victims every time a police officer responds with excessive force. A scared and vulnerable citizen barely out his teens should be given just as much understanding for poor decisions as a highly trained officer who has multiple highly trained officers backing her/him up.
      April 13, 2021 7:19 AM MDT

Lol. I have had more than one expired tag ticket.  Insurance ticket, no seat belt ticket....difference is I did not fight the police. I said Yes sir and did exactly as I was told when I was told. I still got the tickets...pay them and go on with life. 

If the officer does not do as they are supposed to then later after the situation is over you make a report on the officer. 
      April 13, 2021 7:29 AM MDT

In any case you are not a young black man with limited life experience who saw what happened to George Floyd after being handcuffed. The police did not call for backup or draw their weapons on you and probably did not ask you to exit the car. George Floyd was not able to report on the officers and this probably fresh in the minds of people who look like him.  

From what I have seen of your levels of empathy and critical thinking, 'lol' is exactly the response I would expect from you.
      April 13, 2021 9:16 AM MDT

The Lol to the idea that a white person would only get a warning to get their plate legal.

I also  am/was not a criminal with an arrest warrant out for me at the time, who decided to fight the police. 
      April 13, 2021 9:40 AM MDT

My wife got a warning; she forgot that we must apply the sticker on or before our birthday. I went two months without applying mine.
      April 13, 2021 9:54 AM MDT

So was not expired just had not put the sticker on. 
    I gotten one warning.  And 3 tickets for plate expired.  Over 25 yr span.  Was a $150 ticket last time.  Trucks used to get me because the plate expires end of the year here...not when you bought it. And depending on the year we can get 1 or 2 yrs tags. So easy to forget.
      April 13, 2021 10:34 AM MDT

It expired on her birthday. She got stopped at the end of the month. Odd law here in OH.
      April 13, 2021 4:58 PM MDT

But how stereotypical is it that this scared and vulnerable citizen barely out of his teens was already a father? Not that relevant here, but interesting.
      April 13, 2021 5:06 PM MDT

Can happen to anybody, I was 20 when my daughter was born.
      April 13, 2021 5:23 PM MDT

But it happens disproportionately among the poor and less educated.
      April 13, 2021 7:45 PM MDT

Not so much having a child so young. But having an active warrant and posting picts of himself with pistols and stacks of cash....can you say gang banger?
    This post was edited by my2cents at April 13, 2021 7:41 PM MDT
      April 13, 2021 6:05 PM MDT

Obviously not the sharpest knife in the drawer.
      April 13, 2021 7:42 PM MDT

Gang bangers?
      April 14, 2021 8:15 AM MDT

Nope.  No gang involved there.  Just people hunting or shooting for target practice...nothing illegal that I can see. 
    Now Newt should be following better gun safety...that gun is pointed at the man he is standing next to him but it could be an optical effect of the weird angle of the pict. 

Perhaps in Australia they would be...but it is perfectly legal in USA. long live the 2nd amendment. This post was edited by my2cents at April 14, 2021 9:05 AM MDT
      April 14, 2021 8:29 AM MDT

So, Duante's posting photos of himself holding a gun makes him a gang banger but the others are just showing their hunting photos.  Other than Huckabee, none of them look like they're going after wild game.  How blind can you be to your own hypocrisy?
      April 14, 2021 10:17 AM MDT

Guns, cash, and GANG Symbols.  Yes. 
      April 14, 2021 1:16 PM MDT