Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
Malizz
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Music » Would you share with us a "Whippersnapper" song that you enjoy?

Would you share with us a "Whippersnapper" song that you enjoy?

This would be the most contemporary song you can remember liking.

My offering is by the nephew of Robert Smith of The Cure and was released this year. I like it a lot! 

Posted - April 27, 2021

Responses

"deja vu"      Olivia Rodrigo

April 27, 2021 7:07 PM MDT

I'm not a fan of this, I'm not going to lie. She has a nice voice, but think it's the whole Taylor Swift-like, in-your-face 'break-up anthem' thing that's a turnoff for me. Maybe that's the real whippersnapper factor? Hehehe!

Thank you for sharing, even though I didn't love it! 
      April 27, 2021 8:11 PM MDT

You make a valid point for me and I didn't even realize it. I'm a loser sometimes. I don't like a lot of Swift's music for the same reasons you stated and her I like Rodrigo's music while she does the same thing. But I like Swift's " Wildest Dreams"  (though I thought she was singing "Wild Streams." I still hear Wild Streams. Loser again, as was pointed out to me when I shared with someone what I thought the song was.) And I like her "Blank Space."

I like her "You Need to Calm Down" a lot, too.

I think Rodrigo's "Driver's License" is along the same lines you mentioned and I liked that one, too. 

So, I'm going to post a song I really like that has nothing to do with your question. I won't post it as an answer - - just part of my reply, so it doesn't count as being totally unrelated to the topic, ha.  :)

I'm okay - - mornings can be rough for me sometimes. I'll be in a better mood later tonight but wanted to acknowledge your reply to me. :)

Thanks for being kind to me.

"Sun Street"   Katrina and the Waves   :)  

April 28, 2021 6:29 AM MDT

Please stop calling your self a loser. Don't make me come over there. You're only an hour away, remember.
      April 28, 2021 7:45 AM MDT

Thanks for the reminder to myself to be kinder to myself.  :)
      April 28, 2021 4:55 PM MDT

(your self yourself)

May 3, 2021 10:58 PM MDT

STOP with the loser stuff! Don't make me send E-99 over there! 

I know we've talked about Taylor Swift before. I think I showed you her song 'Mean' a long time ago because I think it's her standout. But that's probably because of my personal connection to the song. Anyway, it doesn't make you a freaking loser! I understand that songwriters write from their hearts and emotions (the good ones) and they're young and obviously enjoy living public lives, being famous, drawing attention to themselves, etc. It's Hollywood and 'Celebrity' and all that jazz. Oh, I just realized that 'Mean', the TS song I like so much, is probably another one of those stupid breakup songs! Hahaha! Okay, I do sort of understand your 'loser' feeling now, but I'm just laughing at myself, because Mean totally is a breakup song! Of course, it probably wasn't a "famous" breakup because I think she was really young when that song came out. Maybe it was her 1st grade boyfriend she was writing about? Or maybe she didn't even write that one. Well, we like what we like and we don't like what we don't like, right? I can even appreciate music by people who have been proven to be not so good humans, so teen stars and their silly songs are certainly not off limits for me. Hehe! 

I hope you're feeling better when you read this. I think I'm picking up what you're putting down with the song. At first I thought you were referring to me being high (I sometimes ramble on, you know), but then I reread your reply and I think I get it. Sending good vibes, prayers, love and light your way, friend. (hugs)
      April 28, 2021 5:18 PM MDT

Feeling better, thanks.  :)  Yes, I can get hard on myself at times. 

I now remember talking about Swift with you. Swift has a mean arrogance in her post-breakup songs to me somehow, to the point I "root" for the "ex." Rodrigo somehow comes across to me as less mean. And I really hadn't "picked up" to her breakup theme, too, in the two songs I've heard from her until I was posting my reply to you. I don't particularly like this music video here, either. The video makes it all too harsh and violent to me. I didn't even watch the video until after I posted my answer, ha.  :)

I know the Sun Street song talks about being high but I meant no reference to you.  :)  I just love that song a lot and it popped into my head for no specific reason at the time I was posting to you and I posted the song.

Thanks for the well wishes, too, much appreciated. :)
      April 28, 2021 5:45 PM MDT

I get one of those too once in a while. Wait...
      April 28, 2021 6:52 PM MDT

(  I thought, "What's he talking about?" I thought that maybe, you, too, can have a rough time or something. And then I read my words closer. And then I looked at my second sentence and noted my word choice . . . )

Omg, ha!

April 28, 2021 7:04 PM MDT

LOLOLOL
      April 28, 2021 7:05 PM MDT

Ha!! I was right in what I thought!
    :)

Thank you for the great laugh! A great way to sign off for the nigh t here and I'm going to go read a bit now and relax some more.
    Thanks again.  :)
      April 28, 2021 7:10 PM MDT

Check out one of my latest Qs
      April 28, 2021 7:12 PM MDT

Hey, ha! I did check "out one of your latest questions" a couple of days ago and i tried to be funny with my answer. :)
      I'm unsure if you saw my answer, though. 
      May 2, 2021 7:50 PM MDT

I'll go check it out.
      May 3, 2021 8:40 AM MDT

I earlier replied quickly to your comment and forgot to 'like' your reply. Sorry.  :)

April 28, 2021 4:54 PM MDT

I like your choice a lot, too!
      April 27, 2021 7:08 PM MDT

I'm digging this kid's music. It's more my taste than most songs by The Cure. Sorry, Uncle Robert. Lol. 
      April 27, 2021 8:14 PM MDT

I like the Cure.  :)   I like their Friday song, among others; but that one came to mind. :)

And I liked this song you shared, too, like I already said.

April 28, 2021 6:44 AM MDT

Yes, Friday I'm in Love. The other one I really like is Just Like Heaven. I'm really not into The Cure, so those are really the two most mainstream top 40 songs from when I remember them when I was young. Now, my son is a massive fan, ironically enough. Nothing to do with me, though. Hahaha!

April 28, 2021 5:54 PM MDT

• I feel a bit impartial because I absolutely loved the movie this was from but I do think it's actually a pretty good song. 

April 28, 2021 6:23 AM MDT

I didn't know the movie while listening to the song. I looked up the movie after watching and listening.
    The guy's voice is familiar to me. I think I've heard some other music from him that I've liked but haven't paid attention to his name or anything. As you know, the guy is a rapper but I like his actual singing voice, too.

I had to look up the movie. I haven't seen it. I liked the song.

I wondered if the video is made from the movie's scenes. Looks pretty heavy at times.

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at April 28, 2021 5:18 PM MDT
      April 28, 2021 6:39 AM MDT

• Yea he flirts between hip-hop and borderline singer/songwriter at times.  He's had a few other songs that were really popular.  This is probably one of his bigger hits.

April 28, 2021 6:43 AM MDT

Yes, that's one of them! But I never paid close-enough attention Thanks!
      April 28, 2021 6:46 AM MDT