Destroyer-Marauder
Zack
Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Beauty » Why do some women wear so much makeup?
RJ

Why do some women wear so much makeup?

Posted - June 1

• 7091
    This is what I was responding to.

Ask any of them to give up using all makeup for one year and see what they say about feeling naked without it or not wanting to show their faces without it.

And this:
      Over 100 years of cosmetic industry influence has duped women into truly believing two basic falsehoods:

If you meant some women, you should have said that. I still interpret your comments as somewhat derogatory towards the majority of women. Hyped up advertising is pretty much universal and how much we respond to it is individual.

June 2, 2021 10:45 AM MDT
    1

• 43354

Ok, I’ve edited it to reflect exactly what you suggest, you are correct in that I should have included the word “some”, but if you look at the correction I’ve made, I double down on the onus being on the industry, not on the targets.

Hyped up advertising being universal is another point on which you and I agree, as I stated at the ending of my last post. The reason my emphasis in the original answer is on the cosmetics industry is that is the precise topic at hand. I did not intend and derogatory aim at women, my furor is about the industry. I reiterated that more than once. Raking in billions every year for decades means that someone is buying their products, and my position is that much of what’s pushed by them and much of what makes them rich is absolutely unnecessary. Like much of all other advertising, they create a need psychologically for something, a you-have-to-keep-up-with-the-Joneses game.

With respect toward your opposing viewpoint, I appreciate you letting your opinion be known. Had you not raised it, I would not have known it was demeaning. I will not, however, retract any part of my take on the industry itself and its subterfuge, but in consideration for giving you the impression that I find fault with the women, I will do what I can to clarify that that is not what I mean. I apologize for presenting it in an offensive manner. Thank you.
    ~

June 2, 2021 11:38 AM MDT
    1

• 6838
    No idea, but it's a turn-off for me. On dudes too. LOL!!!
      June 1, 2021 8:25 PM MDT
    3

• 391
    how much is too much?
      June 6, 2021 5:15 AM MDT
    0

• 12610
    Resting B**ch Face?
      June 6, 2021 5:23 AM MDT
    0