Active Now

WelbyQuentin
Discussion » Questions » Language » If the word 'fierce' is used to describe someone's personality, what do you think it means?

If the word 'fierce' is used to describe someone's personality, what do you think it means?

Posted - June 9, 2021

Responses

Wow, here I thought I was way out there -- but you and SpunkySenior and I are on the same page. and SavvyAnsley likes our thoughts, too.  :)
      June 10, 2021 6:33 PM MDT

I think it's about seeing the positive side of things/people, really. 

I don't think I'm fierce, but I admire it in others!
      June 10, 2021 6:45 PM MDT

I don't know what the hell I am but it ain't fierce either. At least, I don't think so.  :)

But I can stand up for what I believe, even though I'm scared shitless while I do it.  :)  And, later, maybe overthink it and second guess myself.

And while I'm at it, I don't necessarily believe that standing up for what one believes is getting into others' faces, so to speak. I sometimes find that the less that is said actually says more.
    :)

[ I had one too many sandwiches for supper maybe, I'm really spouting off, ha.  :)  ]
      June 10, 2021 6:54 PM MDT

Who the hell can eat more than one sammich? Never mind, I forgot about Randy.
      June 10, 2021 7:00 PM MDT

I ate two and a third of a third.
    Yikes.
    :)
      June 10, 2021 7:04 PM MDT

The only sammiches I can eat a whole one is my BLTs and Arby's Greek gyros. Just wait until you get old.
      June 10, 2021 7:09 PM MDT

Hahaha! I am happy to hear you spout off! I agree with you 100%, per usual! See my reply to Spunky above! 

I was going to add that I can be fierce and downright bi*chy under certain circumstances. Abuse a child or animal in front of me and find out. Ha! (I know you wouldn't do that.. . I'm just saying that provokes me to fierceness and unusual and unhealthy bravery at times!) 

I know you don't like the movie (I do, but thought it was overrated), but I often feel we're like peas and carrots, you and me! This post was edited by SavvyAnsley at June 10, 2021 7:37 PM MDT
      June 10, 2021 7:04 PM MDT

I did see your reply to SpunkySenior- - and saw it only AFTER writing my "number 3" reply ot you up there. :)

What movie are you quoting? I assume it may be Gump, ha. It's the one I complain about the most probably.
    I'm pretty fierce in my non-enjoyment of that one. I do like peas and carrots, though, ha!

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at June 10, 2021 7:33 PM MDT
      June 10, 2021 7:08 PM MDT

Forrest says that he and Jenny were like peas and carrots! 

Peas and I don't tend to agree. I like carrots, too! 
      June 10, 2021 7:35 PM MDT

Oh, and yes!   - - seeing abuse of children or animals.  I get your reaction, for sure.  :)
      June 10, 2021 7:16 PM MDT