Discussion » Questions » Home and Garden » Do you now or have you ever lived at the top of an extremely steep hill? If so, what are some of your thoughts about it?

Do you now or have you ever lived at the top of an extremely steep hill? If so, what are some of your thoughts about it?

Posted - June 17, 2021

Responses

Yes, twice.  When you move in tell the truck driver to get there another way to avoid the steep hill.  There was a dip at the bottom of the hill and moving trucks routinely got stuck there.  You can't get off the hill when the streets are icy.  The very old house we lived in for about eight years was built on the side of a mountain.  That PK so, not having kids to worry about, I never missed work due to snow and ice.  I would park my car at the bottom of the hill at night and walk/slide down the next morning.  If it was too bad to drive, I would still go down the hill and catch the bus.  I never remember the buses stopping.  They did alter their schedules if necessary.  You had to listen to the news before going out to catch the bus.
      June 17, 2021 7:48 PM MDT

“That PK so, not having kids to worry about . . . ”

I’m sorry, but I don’t understand what you mean here. I know from when I was a kid that PK means or meant “preacher’s kid”, but that may or may not be what you mean.
    ~

June 17, 2021 10:13 PM MDT

PreKids
      June 18, 2021 4:49 PM MDT

Steepish, the road ran along the top of a ridge and dropped away on both sides. The house was split level due to the slope, and the back yard had a shallow slope for the top dozen yards, then a much steeper slope further down. Mowing the lawn was hell. Soapbox races were fun but dangerous, at the bottom of the yard the speed could be terrifying.
      June 17, 2021 8:38 PM MDT

a kid flying down it and losing control into traffic going too fast This post was edited by CosmicWunderkind at June 18, 2021 5:59 PM MDT
      June 18, 2021 4:56 PM MDT

I haven't. I always think about snow on the driveways and getting safely onto the roadway from the driveway. 

June 18, 2021 5:59 PM MDT