Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Animals (Pets/ Domesticated) » Did you have pets when you were a child?

Did you have pets when you were a child?

My siblings and I were never interested in having pets when we were kids.  

Posted - June 20, 2021

Responses

No.
      ~

June 20, 2021 8:16 AM MDT

We always had one cat in the house, several in the barn, also had a budgie and a rabbit in the house as well as a dog that stayed outside.
      June 20, 2021 8:36 AM MDT

A canary which I accidentally killed by cat. A little cat fell off the mantel piece. It died young by the grace of God and broken neck by dog. The cat caught distemper and took a few steps and died.The cocker spaniel stunk a little but not compared to the dirty white miniature schnauzer. I had big black Labrador stray named Blacky because of its jet black appeal. I brought yellow bird chicks home and they either died or went hopping mad. Penny: the over active white miniature size poodle. I tried to nurse pigeons and squirrels back to heal but the died on my basement floor. The pigeon standing up! Not to mention the hamster Shamus that bit my brothers hand as he was clucking to it. Boy, did that thing go flying. Dam SOB bit me! Oh boy! Did I get incrimination for the uncleaned dog poop on the living room rug while he grows up in a museum!

This post was edited by CosmicWunderkind at June 20, 2021 1:23 PM MDT
      June 20, 2021 8:39 AM MDT

I had a parakeet - Mr. Chips.  Then, a former boyfriend gave me a puppy for Valentines' Day.  My dad hated it and after a couple of months, we found a new forever home for him.
      June 20, 2021 9:56 AM MDT

Sure, we had a dog that lived outside and a cat that lived inside.  The dog was a gem.  My grandfather, who lived with us, had a german shepherd that wasn't a gem but  a terror.  My mother put the dog on a chain and it strangled itself to death.  She told us it ran off but a neighbor told us what really happened.  The cat was Samantha and at night would zoom from the back door to the living room and straight up the drapes to the top of the window.  That cat was crazy. This post was edited by Thriftymaid at June 20, 2021 5:02 PM MDT
      June 20, 2021 10:22 AM MDT

We always had a dog.   (It was a prerequisite my mom insisted on before she would marry my dad)

Butch (my dad's dog when he married mom)
    Curly (a mutt they got us when Butch died)
    Lassie (A purebred collie)
    Fuzzy (one of Lassie's puppies - a border collie)
    Cinnamon (a Golden retriever/shepherd we got from a box in front of Kmart when Fuzzy got old).
      June 20, 2021 11:05 AM MDT

We had a dog, Boris.
    We had a Budgie.
    I had some pet white mice. Mom liked them but was allergic, so I gave them to my sister to take to her biology class.
      June 20, 2021 12:17 PM MDT

• There were always cats in the house. No more than three (and only one when I was in high school) but I grew up around them. 
      June 20, 2021 1:02 PM MDT

Cats and dogs. More cats than dogs.
      June 20, 2021 1:06 PM MDT

Yes, lots. 

Dogs, cats, parakeets, fish, and my sister always had some kind of rodent (ugh). Sea monkeys. Anole lizards. 
      June 20, 2021 4:46 PM MDT

Dogs. No cats...my Dad did not like them.
    I remember having a turtle.
      June 21, 2021 1:52 PM MDT

My first was a rabbit, but we also had a budgerigar, and later, a guinea-pig. A cat wangled its way into the family at some point more recently.
      June 29, 2021 3:14 PM MDT

Yes a cat, she loved to chase dogs. This post was edited by ONeg-84 at June 29, 2021 4:00 PM MDT
      June 29, 2021 3:17 PM MDT