Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Another LGBTQ win! Has to do with which bathroom is used. The Supremes will not hear the case. Guess what then?

Another LGBTQ win! Has to do with which bathroom is used. The Supremes will not hear the case. Guess what then?

The lower court decision prevails which means

According to TITLE 9 you cannot attack transgender rights with respect to anything including which bathroom to use.

Another smackdown for the perverted depraved judgmenters who are totally focused on the sex of others.

Peeping toms and tillies infatuated with sex and whom people love and how they live their lives

More smackdowns for the depraved perverted judgmenters to come.

More WINS for the LGBTQ community.

HOORAY!

Posted - June 28, 2021

Responses

I'm reminded of StarTrek.
    I have heard that in the published blueprints for the USS Enterprise (Kirk's ship) - the bathrooms did not have gender segregation.
    I have not seen the blueprints, but it makes sense when you have aliens with who-knows-what genders.

Personally, there's enough bullying going on in school locker rooms, that it doesn't matter which side transgenders use.

June 28, 2021 9:00 AM MDT

Sadly true. Do you think a day will come when that won't be true? Thank you for your reply Walt! :)
      June 28, 2021 10:28 AM MDT

Not as long as sports are so important to our society.
    When you think about it, the very job of coach/teachers is to bully students who don't play sports.
    Since those same coach/teachers are the ones who are tasked with monitoring what happens in locker rooms - the chances of them ending any bullying there is slim-to-none.  Heavy on the "none" side.
      June 28, 2021 10:45 AM MDT

That's is what is so puzzling to me. I always think those who are drawn to such careers/professions do so to HELP because they are fond of kids. I mean what else do coaches/teachers do but teach/guide/inform/support/nurture? Thank you for your reply! :)
      June 29, 2021 2:38 AM MDT

I had a future transgender student. He dressed like a girl. He was allowed to use the spare staff restroom.
      June 28, 2021 3:39 PM MDT

:):):)
      June 29, 2021 2:38 AM MDT

I am happy to assist; no "job" too small !
    USS Enterprise blueprints:
    https://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/lcars/star-trek-the-next-generation-enterprise.php

Here more specifically, the label "Head" on the blueprint entitled: "Deck 1 Bridge, Ready Room, Conference Lounge", is apparently a reference to a restroom aka toilet:
    https://i.stack.imgur.com/iOyHJ.jpg

This post was edited by Robert at June 30, 2021 11:22 AM MDT
      June 30, 2021 11:14 AM MDT

That's the Enterprise-D (Picard's ship).
    I was talking about the "original" Enterprise (Kirk's ship).
      June 30, 2021 11:17 AM MDT

At the time of Picard, his Enterprise was based on upgrades made to the original "Kirk" Enterprise; naturally it had been improved and upgraded in all sorts of areas (engines, transporter, weaponry, deflectors, etc,) but apart from a paint-job, no new upgrade was required for its restrooms which otherwise remained the same as in Kirk's day. Therefore what you see on the blueprint for Picard's Enterprise for the "Head" had applied also to "Kirk's Enterprise.

Alternatively, one needs to understand on this highly significant issue, what that all-important Star Trek phrase really means:
    "To GO where No one has GONE before" !!

This post was edited by Robert at June 30, 2021 1:37 PM MDT
      June 30, 2021 11:38 AM MDT

This is going to get a little messy. LIKE NOW!!!
      June 28, 2021 3:45 PM MDT

How Zack? I like being a female. If I were trapped in the body of a male thinking and feeling as I do I cannot imagine a sadder existence. Anyway I think being mean to others simply because of whom they are providing they aren't doing mean to others makes no sense to me at all. Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday to thee and thine! :)
      June 29, 2021 2:41 AM MDT

Indeed; however can anyone tell me what I should do if I want to use a bathroom, can't find the "Gents", and the only bathroom I can find, has a rainbow flag on the door!? > > > > > This post was edited by Robert at June 29, 2021 8:06 AM MDT
      June 28, 2021 5:54 PM MDT

I know what I would do. 
      June 28, 2021 6:32 PM MDT

I can't believe a minority of idiots are blowing this way out of the proportion.  
      June 28, 2021 6:05 PM MDT

Precisely.
      June 29, 2021 8:06 AM MDT

Hi Rosie G,
    I admit I've not followed any of this story.

I' m answering because your question made me think of the two doors at a local public restroom at a gas station.

They were labelled:

"Kings" and "Queens"

I laughed to myself on which one to use, ha!

I do hope everyone will eventually "get their sh** together" (pun intended) and hopefully get on with "Do Unto Others As You Would Have Them Do Unto You" and that could help ease a lot of unease.

Based on the number of times I've been dammed to hell for simply being me, I will still hope.  :)

Be Well, All!
      June 28, 2021 7:52 PM MDT

((hugs)) Ditto for me too my friend. Big Huge Ditto. Maybe it's the simplicity of "treat others as you want to be treated" that is so difficult for so many to comprehend. I think everyone has a right to be who he/she is PROVIDING such person harms no one including the self. I can't for the life of me comprehend how who someone loves/marries/sleeps with affects my life? SIGH. Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday to thee and thine WQ! :) This post was edited by RosieG at June 29, 2021 8:06 AM MDT
      June 29, 2021 2:45 AM MDT

I always say that there is nothing like a comfortable soft stool !
      June 30, 2021 12:25 AM MDT

A win for the LGBTQ community perhaps but is it a win for our society as a whole?
      June 30, 2021 3:25 AM MDT

The Supremes? LMAO!!
      June 30, 2021 11:22 AM MDT