Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » I do not understand why millions of people are drawn to support AUTHORITARIAN dictators. Can you explain why?

I do not understand why millions of people are drawn to support AUTHORITARIAN dictators. Can you explain why?

All AUTHORITARIAN dictators are cruel demanding dangerous and they cannot be trusted at any level. People live in FEAR of them so why would those same people be so drawn to them?

Is liking cruelty normal these days? Is liking irrational dictatorial selfish the flavor du jour? Is kindness no longer of any value or justice or fairness? It is very puzzling.

Posted - August 5, 2021

Responses

Perhaps the experience of having had strict, authoritarian control freak parents, teachers and preachers, then having an authoritarian government over them might make them feel 'right at home' again.
      August 5, 2021 5:09 AM MDT

OH! OF COURSE! Just as is true of those who stay with abusers because that's all they know and believe all they deserve! It makes perfect sense when nothing else does! Thank you for sharing that insidght Kg. It resonates with me very bigly! Being commanded/ordered whom to be what to think what to say what to do is all they know. I think there's a qustion in there somewhere! :)
      August 5, 2021 6:04 AM MDT