Active Now

Malizz
my2cents
Danilo_G
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Why should we endanger ourselves and our children by wearing a mask?

Why should we endanger ourselves and our children by wearing a mask?

Tests new or washed masked then worn for during school. They also tested child t-shirt worn to school (it was not contaminated).

https://rationalground.com/dangerous-pathogens-found-on-childrens-face-masks/

Posted - August 7, 2021

Responses

LOL!
      August 7, 2021 8:18 AM MDT

• Seriously?  Is this an SNL skit?
      August 7, 2021 9:09 AM MDT

Nope.  Just wondering why we would force our employees and children to breath through as cloth that collects bacteria and disease.  Some that are deadly and resistant to antibiotics. 

If my kids were still in school, I would be home-schooling. 
      August 7, 2021 9:34 AM MDT

I wash my mask when things begin to grow out of it an hang off the front, it's embarrassing. 
      August 7, 2021 10:19 AM MDT

Seems pretty obvious to me.  If those bacteria and germs are being caught in the mask, they aren't being inhaled and circulating in the body - that's why.  
      August 7, 2021 1:18 PM MDT

• What about doctors and other medical personnel wearing masks during surgery ... they can't sterilize the air and there tons of germs in that environment.  They have always done that ... must be some viable scientific theories in play to not only protect the patient, but themselves.
    If you get the right kind of mask ... and/or wear clean ones each time .. or wash the ones you can wash ... they're fine.  You don't wear the same dirty masks over and over again.  
    People in Japan have been wearing masks forever to prevent getting or spreading disease.  
    It's not a big deal.  I'd rather wear a mask as an insurance policy for my health and yours.  
    As a nice side benefit ... we haven't had a cold or flu since we started wearing masks.  Well worth it.

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at August 7, 2021 5:55 PM MDT
      August 7, 2021 1:34 PM MDT

Most people are not wearing medical grade masks.  Especially children in school...they are wearing the cloth things.

This study was of new/cleaned masks and tested after wearing 1 day in the school environment.    And these are the disease causing contaminates they found on the masks.  Do you believe a child can wear a mask properly all day? Of course not, this means they are touching these disease infected things all day.  

Hospitals are a different situation, they do sterilize the air, the also regulate the temps etc. to keep germs from multiplying.  People are also trained in proper wearing and fit of a proper mask. How take them off without infecting yourself etc. 

I am not worried about myself....but it is dangerous to make children wear these things.   

Personally, I have had one flu/cold in about 10 yrs and it was before the covid. And the docs are not sure that was even the problem.

August 7, 2021 3:52 PM MDT

• Everyone needs to be worried about everyone else in his pandemic.  It's a shame that you can't be convinced about that.  I'm not sure what your solution to this is.  We have to do something because COVID isn't going away anytime soon if we all aren't in this together in some way.  
    We eased up the mask restrictions a few months ago after cases slowed down.  Now they're climbing back up again.  There has to be a correlation there.
      August 8, 2021 3:13 AM MDT

The vaccines are here any adult can get one if they want one.  Death rate it under 1% for 65yr and under.  The varients are getting weaker...(this will continue as that is how viruses work. It is not for their benefit to kill their host.  Mutations naturally go more infectious and less deadly) 

Kids do not get this disease. (Unless they are already immuno-compromised) 

Ok,  I took a rag and washed a medical table. (That had been used to treat many people with bacteria infections and viruses) Then give the rag to a child to use as a mask. For an hour.  This is what we are demanding of our children and grandchildren.  

As an unvaccinated person, I am not asking anyone to be forced to wear a mask for me.  

If the vaccines work, my wearing or not wearing a mask is not a threat to a vaccined person. 

I believe we should allow people the choice of what risk they are willing to take.  

Thousands of people die from cold and flu every year...we do not force lockdowns and masks.   
      August 8, 2021 7:37 AM MDT

The mask is to let people know that you can think about everybody other than yourself and apparently, you seem to have an unshakable belief in the wrong thing. If you continue down this road, I'll see you in hell sooner than later. This post was edited by Zack at August 7, 2021 5:55 PM MDT
      August 7, 2021 1:21 PM MDT

Just looking out for my grand children. 
      August 7, 2021 3:53 PM MDT

That’s still one word, not two. Grandchildren

August 7, 2021 10:08 PM MDT

Kids under 12 are exempt in Australia.
    Sydney is in pretty bad shape because the New South Wales state government didn't lock down fast enough or hard enough, so delta is out of control there. In the other states (including my home state of South Australia), we did and have largely eradicated it or have it quarantined.
      August 8, 2021 5:17 AM MDT

Here they are trying mandate under 12 to mask.  And over 12 to vax.   As I have said I would home school first.

Military lockdowns will NOT work here.  This post was edited by my2cents at August 8, 2021 11:27 AM MDT
      August 8, 2021 7:39 AM MDT

And that's why the US has a catastrophic death toll.
      August 8, 2021 4:38 PM MDT

We have more because more people. Closer together.   And they politicized medicine. 

We have roughly the same amount of land and roughly 14x the people.  And your country did not ban treatments. 
      August 8, 2021 8:07 PM MDT