Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Are there any newspaper accounts of anything you’ve ever done?

Are there any newspaper accounts of anything you’ve ever done?

When I was a kid, my brothers and I participated in a Children’s Community Garden for a few years, and one of the local news outlets did a story about it. Beyond that, it’s been necessary for me to keep my activities under wraps. (((Shhhhh.)))
~

Posted - August 19, 2021

Responses

I'm not sure it made the paper.

August 19, 2021 8:59 AM MDT

Some years ago a few months before the  GST(goods and services tax) was to take effect I bought a quantity of white paper lunch bags and had a label printed for them saying 'Tax payers' barf bags for GST sickness'.  I was out in the downtown areas on the street selling them and the 'barf bags' sold hotly,  i  sold about 3000 of them. A reporter from a community newspaper The Courier came and photographed me and did a story.
      August 19, 2021 11:19 AM MDT

A few.  I remember being in the paper regarding participating in a project with my church that took us into the world of juvenile detention wards.  Oh Lordy.   My name was in the paper quite a few times as being part of group things, like law school graduation or honor society inductions.  The other things I can recall are so boring I'll keep them to myself.  

August 19, 2021 1:32 PM MDT

There was, when I won a prize in the Australian Mathematics Competition when I was 12. And an arts review when I played Papageno in Die Zauberflöte seven years later.
      August 20, 2021 8:17 AM MDT