Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Is their anything more laughable than people who follow Jordan David Pearce and his Spirit Science nonsense?

Is their anything more laughable than people who follow Jordan David Pearce and his Spirit Science nonsense?

Posted - October 31, 2016

Responses

(there)
      October 31, 2016 10:02 PM MDT

• Yeah thanks Randy.   I was typing fast on the tab and AC snuck it in there.   I tried to change it when I noticed it after it was posted but it won't let me.  I hit rename and it says it is too many characters.   It does that every time I try and change a thread title. No matter how many characters.
      November 1, 2016 4:40 AM MDT

Thanks for being a good sport about it. That same glitch hits me also, the 64-character limit when attempting to edit a question. It makes no sense to me at all. 
    ~
      November 1, 2016 7:19 AM MDT

• Only a fool denies his mistakes.
      November 1, 2016 7:25 AM MDT

:)
      November 1, 2016 7:36 AM MDT

•   November 1, 2016 7:42 AM MDT

Yes
      October 31, 2016 11:53 PM MDT

Seems like the same sort of category as Scientology. 
      November 1, 2016 5:15 AM MDT

• I really can't find out too much about it. What I did find, makes Spirit Science out to be a hodge-podge of "new age" thoughts, paranormal beliefs, and conspiracy theories. It doesn't seem to have a cohesive belief system or even offer any new thoughts. It is the perfect Buzzfeed Clickbait Religion for Millenials. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at November 1, 2016 7:25 AM MDT
      November 1, 2016 5:25 AM MDT

• Well then you found out everything you need to know about it. Not really much more to it.
      November 1, 2016 7:25 AM MDT

Well, I don't know anything at all about him and it sounds like you know less, so why are you laughing?

He sounds weird as all get-go, but the subjects he studies are not.  

Just because they sound weird to you, doesn't mean they are.  It means you know nothing at all about these subjects.    I don't think I would care what he says, but I think I know why people are picking on him.  They have no clue what half of what he is talking about amounts to.

I do.  I don't know if he does, but I do.

If you are laughing about Astral Projection?  You have never experienced it.  I have.

If you are laughing about New Age methods of study?  You never read any.  I have.

So?  What do you want to laugh about?  Tell me and I'll give you my take, don't listen to Jimmy or Jordan or  whatever his name is.

If you think Edgar Cayce is a joke?  Then you need to learn about what you speak about.

Energy medicine is a reality. 

Considered by many to be the greatest psychic of the 20th Century, Edgar Cayce was born on March 18, 1877 in Hopkinsville and died on January 3, 1945 in Virginia Beach, Virginia. He is buried in Riverside Cemetery, Hopkinsville.

From 1901, when he was 24, until his death he gave over 14,000 ‘readings’, many of which were transcribed by a stenographer and are available for research. A “reading” was a discourse given by Mr. Cayce while he was lying down with his eyes closed and in an altered state of consciousness. Delivered in his own normal voice with only a few exceptions, the discourses he gave were recorded stenographically and later typed. They cover such a wide array of subject matter that they are indexed under more than 10,000 major subject headings, with more than 225,000 index cards.

Most of the readings were given for individuals and, therefore, deal with specific personal questions concerning various aspects of physical, mental, spiritual, vocational and interpersonal life. Some of these readings, however, were complete discourses on topics such as meditation, Bible interpretation, and world affairs. It was not necessary for the person obtaining the reading to be present: Mr. Cayce was able to describe individuals and diagnose their physical condition with surprising accuracy, even though they might have been hundreds of miles away. From these readings, thousands of people reported being helped, often in ways which transformed their lives. Studied as a whole, the readings provide specific procedures which many consider helpful in treating many illnesses. And now, decades after Mr. Cayce’s death, his readings continue to inspire, educate and amaze those who research them.

Click here to download the Edgar Cayce Cell Phone Tour guide

Each year, the Museums of Historic Hopkinsville-Christian County hosts the Edgar Cayce Hometown Seminar to explore where the world renowned clairvoyant was born. This weekend allows attendees to discover the place where Cayce developed his remarkable talents. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at November 1, 2016 7:33 AM MDT
      November 1, 2016 7:28 AM MDT

• No, we laugh at him because he is just making chit up and presenting it as having scientific merit.   He doesn't even have any scriptural basis for the claims.     It's hokum and woo.
      November 1, 2016 7:32 AM MDT

Hokum is a funny word!
    ~
      November 1, 2016 7:45 AM MDT

•   November 1, 2016 7:40 AM MDT