Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Have you ever swallowed anything that you tried in vain to puke back up?

Have you ever swallowed anything that you tried in vain to puke back up?

Posted - August 22, 2021

Responses

Too much alcohol. I got to a point where I badly wanted to throw up but couldn't.

I never get that hammered any more.
      August 22, 2021 5:21 PM MDT

While driving one day I popped a Mento into my mouth just as I inhaled.  The Mento became lodged up against my windpipe and I was unable to breathe.  There was no time to seek help.  I pulled over jumped out and attempted to throw it up to no avail. Then I did the Heimlich maneuver on myself, the Mento came flying out of my mouth like it had been shot out of a gun.  I was in a heightened state and looked around.  No one was aware of the life and death moment that just happened.  It was surreal.  
      August 22, 2021 8:30 PM MDT

What a relief to be able to breathe free after an experience like that! 

I had a similar experience when I took a big mouthful of peanut butter one time and tried to swallow it and it got stuck in my throat almost completely blocking my windpipe. What could I do? So I sipped warm water until it kind of melted away the peanut butter. Scary!
      August 22, 2021 10:12 PM MDT

Good thinking on that one.  I don't believe I would have thought of warm water.
      August 23, 2021 2:53 AM MDT

That would no have worked as the mento was in your trachea. Water goes down your esophagus. Great job btw.
      August 23, 2021 10:18 AM MDT

Yes.  When we were teens we were out in the boat on the river and stopped at the marina to grab a snack.  I got an orange soda and Big Time candy bar.  We went on our way and I opened my candy bar and took a bite.  I then looked at the bar and saw worms.  I swear I leaned over the side of the boat and gagged until I vomited.  Since that time I have never put anything in my mouth without looking at it.  I will not eat in the dark, like when traveling at night.  I turn on the map light on the passenger side. This post was edited by Thriftymaid at August 23, 2021 5:01 PM MDT
      August 23, 2021 12:16 AM MDT

hahahaha, now you will have me looking.  
      August 23, 2021 2:54 AM MDT

You threw away a good source of protein.
      August 23, 2021 10:19 AM MDT

Ha!
      August 23, 2021 3:30 PM MDT

• I accidentally swallowed a chicken bone that got stuck in my throat.  Forcing myself to vomit did not dislodge the chicken bone.  I visited the emergency room of a hospital.  
      August 23, 2021 5:37 PM MDT