Discussion » Questions » Politics » AnswerMug Challenge Series, Answer the Following Question As If You Were Your Favorite Politician* Series:

AnswerMug Challenge Series, Answer the Following Question As If You Were Your Favorite Politician* Series:

[In retrospect, after being advised against it by several experts in that field beforehand, seeing the utter error in your thinking, how can you now justify the decisions you made to continue with your plan?]

*Favorite politician. Listen, I know that this one might be a reach for the majority of us, so even if you don’t have a “favorite” politician, make it a politician you despise the least or the politician you can tolerate just a bit more than all others.

~

Posted - August 26, 2021

Responses

Decisions have to be made with the knowledge, wisdom, and advice available at the time it's made.  At that moment that was the very best decision I could have possibly made.  My own opinions and research were in direct conflict with the experts, one of which I am also when not performing my congressional duties.  The decision was an informed one.  In this case, however, my colleagues were correct in their assessment.  When there is a differing of opinion, someone is usually right and the other wrong.  I have a strong record of being right. 

August 26, 2021 1:52 PM MDT

Excellent answer. 
      August 26, 2021 1:54 PM MDT

Thank you.  I'll send you the address for campaign contributions.  (wink) 
      August 26, 2021 1:56 PM MDT

Much obliged. :)
      August 26, 2021 6:27 PM MDT

Wait, let me handle your campaign, or at least the financials. 

~

August 26, 2021 6:33 PM MDT

The devil made me do it.
      August 26, 2021 2:35 PM MDT

I did the best I could with the mess the previous administration left me.

Let the arguing over who this is begin, lol. 

This post was edited by Livvie at August 26, 2021 6:33 PM MDT
      August 26, 2021 4:21 PM MDT

Actually, the past few decades is US presidential administrations have each and all made that same claim when there’s been a change of party taking the office. Lol.
    ~

August 26, 2021 6:35 PM MDT

Hindsight is 20/20. I made the decision based on the best available information at the time - AND I APOLOGISE.

(Apologies are what sets Kevin Rudd apart from just about everyone else, he owned his mistakes rather than looking for somebody else to blame)
      August 26, 2021 6:10 PM MDT