Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » What was a recent situation that you didn’t say what you should have said, but it would have been better if you had said it? ~

What was a recent situation that you didn’t say what you should have said, but it would have been better if you had said it? ~

Posted - August 27, 2021

Responses

Several instances. Tired of second guessing myself.
    I like your question. I hope to answer later.
    Have to work for rest of day, though.

Have a good one :)
    Be Well
      August 27, 2021 6:50 AM MDT

Nope. Not going to play that game! 

Nice try! 
      August 27, 2021 6:31 PM MDT

Ok, I give up. What just happened here?

:(
      August 27, 2021 9:31 PM MDT

I'm not going to deliberately and critically review myself in recent situations and over-think my responses and reactions (if I'm not naturally already doing it)! Not good! 

:)
      August 28, 2021 7:36 AM MDT

I reposted a recent answer I had deleted.

After reading your question, I simply thought to myself, "WelbyQ, it might be better for just YOU if you actually reposted your thought. Other people say their thoughts. You can, too."

I'm still uncomfortable, though. But I still give myself credit. And that is better for me.
      August 27, 2021 7:35 PM MDT

If you thought it, it’s automatically “to yourself”. It’s when you tell yourself something or ask yourself something that it becomes reflexive. (My elder sister says the same thing all the tine: “I thought to myself.”)
    ~

August 27, 2021 9:24 PM MDT

Yup, you're right. Good point.

Sort of a reversal of your question -- maybe it'd have been better if I had just thought about answering, instead of actually saying something, ha!

August 29, 2021 7:31 PM MDT

I had to refrain from sharing my opinion of a speaker last weekend.  It was hard to keep my mouth shut.  Apparently others did not see and hear what I did. 
      August 30, 2021 2:07 PM MDT