Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » After studying the bible what is something that you could come to KNOW?

After studying the bible what is something that you could come to KNOW?

Posted - November 1, 2016

Responses

• That it is unbelievable in the face of reason and logic.
      November 1, 2016 8:01 AM MDT
  • D&D

That the Christian God is a Big Bad Bully.
      November 1, 2016 8:07 AM MDT

I think the gods have always been kind of weird in some ways. My favorite god is the creator God Atum.

He created himself and did all his creations by expelling various body fluids. This post was edited by Kittigate at November 1, 2016 8:35 AM MDT
      November 1, 2016 8:16 AM MDT

That you would be exposed to a fascinating journey of a middle eastern tribe as it came to know itself over millenia and how it discovered eternal truths about humanity - justice, mercy, ethics, et al, and with a sampling of some of the most beautiful heartfelt poetry ever written. 

It would further reveal how mankind has a deep propensity to inhumanity and how the tribe tried to deal with that. 

Then there is the remarkable story of an obscure man who came to be loved and respected by many over the last two thousand years.

Of course, this would require you to approach the Bible with an open mind. Not everyone is willing to make that effort. 

November 1, 2016 8:59 AM MDT

• Since Bible thumpers tend to be soooo open minded.
      November 1, 2016 10:49 AM MDT

I don't think most would disagree that the Bible has had a huge impact on human history and continues to be highly regarded by billions around the world. As such it is a very significant book. 

After STUDYING such a book there would surely be more than just a SOMETHING that you could come to know.

However, since you're after just something then I'd say it contains both, what is inspirational as well as what is obviously unsound. To put that in Biblical terms I'd quote two verses, 2 Timothy 3:16 which says, “All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness” and Jeremiah 8:8 "How can you say, "We are wise because we have the word of the LORD," when your scribes have twisted it by writing lies?"

November 2, 2016 4:32 AM MDT

god probably
      November 5, 2016 9:51 PM MDT

You are so right on, don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise, in spite of what others may tell here at this website or anywhere else. some are sincere yet confused, others are downright evil and will resort to insults laced with profanity. 
      November 16, 2016 9:44 PM MST

• that it  is bullshit.
      November 6, 2016 1:06 AM MST