Discussion » Questions » Random Knowledge » What are things that people step on and accidentally fall through? ~

What are things that people step on and accidentally fall through? ~

Posted - September 9, 2021

Responses

Tiiiin roof! Rusted!
      September 9, 2021 12:44 AM MDT

Ice on a body of water.

September 9, 2021 8:47 AM MDT

In NYC, we've had cases where people have fallen through subway grates in the sidewalk.
      September 9, 2021 9:42 AM MDT

Cracks.  Kids learn quite young to never step on a crack as it will result in some kind of spinal injury to a female progenitor.  Yet all too often you hear of people who've "fallen through the cracks".  (Hmm... that's probably why orthopedic surgeons are so rich.)
      September 9, 2021 12:18 PM MDT

How can shoes be rich?

:|

~

September 9, 2021 8:14 PM MDT

Bone surgeon; to fix a broken back.  
      September 9, 2021 9:28 PM MDT

Huh? Huh? Huh? Huh? Huh?Huh? Huh?Huh? Huh?Huh? Huh? Huh? Huh? Huh?My entire brain hurts now. NONE of this computes! Grrrrrrr.

~

September 10, 2021 6:36 AM MDT

Uh-oh...  I think I broke him.   

Now, before your mind explodes and I have to go into hiding, let me try to explain my humor  -

You asked, “What are things people step on and accidently fall through”.  I replied, “Cracks”. 
    I KNOW you've heard the phrase, "Step on a crack break your momma's back".  A superstitious phrase that was used by many kids.  I simply reworded it - "Stepping on a crack will result in some kind of spinal injury to a female progenitor."

Another common expression that I know you’ve heard is, "fallen through the cracks".  It’s especially common for those trying to get government assistance or an overdue unemployment check.

Thusly, when you asked, “What are things people step on and accidently fall through”, I replied "cracks" (you didn’t stipulate that the occurrences had to occur simultaneously). 

As for my postscript - Since everybody steps on a crack, one must assume that many mothers out there must have broken backs (you're not going to argue with superstition, are you?).  Now, if I Googled it correctly, an orthopedic surgeon is one who helps repair broken backs.

There you go.  Clear as mud.

September 10, 2021 1:48 PM MDT

*Mr. Randall D Randolph cannot come to the computer right now, he’s under my care, heavily sedated and resting quietly. I am a doctor who specializes in the treatment of people who have suffered mental breakdowns. I’ve ordered complete rest and no excitement whatsoever, so please don’t try to interact with him just yet. It appears that one or more of the members of this AnswerMug website caused his recent meltdown, so all of you will be asked to stay away for the time being, thank you for cooperating. 

There’s just one thing that puzzles me, and since all of you know him better than I know him, maybe you can explain. This man is supposedly very ill and cannot intermix well with others, and he can barely even communicate with anyone, including family members and close friends. This extensive damage that’s been done to his psyche may take several weeks to unravel. However, whenever I go into his room or when I’m the one conducting treatment with him one-on-one, it seems as if he’s either trying to hit on me, or sometimes trying to feel me up. Is he normally like that, or could it be attributed to his condition? Hmmmmm.

September 10, 2021 3:07 PM MDT

Nothing a good sponge bath won't cure.
      September 10, 2021 6:09 PM MDT

Cue the music, lower the lights, quiet on the set, Randy D is about to perform!
    <

September 10, 2021 7:00 PM MDT

Ceilings (attic floor).  Yes, I've done it.......... my leg ended hanging from the closet ceiling.   All I could do was laugh for about 10 minutes.  I screwed a piece of plywood over the hole until the next time I painted.
      September 9, 2021 3:04 PM MDT

When I moved into my first house, one of the first things I did was put a plywood floor in the attic.
      September 9, 2021 5:27 PM MDT

I had my attic floored too.  But I accidentally stepped off of the floored part.  My daughter was at the bottom of the ladder.  She wet herself laughing.  I will never forget that.  The laughing memories are so special now. 
      September 9, 2021 11:07 PM MDT

Those skylight glass apertures on the tops of buildings.
      September 10, 2021 3:13 PM MDT

Who goes on a roof and steps on those?
      September 10, 2021 3:16 PM MDT

Careless construction workers and drunk idiots at 1 am.
      September 10, 2021 3:18 PM MDT