Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Animals (Pets/ Domesticated) » How did you first bond with your new pet?

How did you first bond with your new pet?

I first bonded with the dog I have now about 5 minuets after I stole him from a party house. Once I got far enough away I held him to my chest and said - dar dar dar the scary lady can't hurt you anymore and it was probably the first calm and reassuring words he had heard in his 8 weeks of life (which is 54 weeks in puppy weeks). The next day I let the scary lady know I had her dog and I wasn't going to give it back and she eventually agreed that the dog was better off with me. The scary lady isn't a scary lady anymore she is 4 years alcohol and drug free and she has a new dog but I let her know that if she mentally hurts that dog I will steal it (then we laugh and laugh). Cheers!  

Posted - September 13, 2021

Responses

We had about a 3 hr drive to go pick him up. I held him for the trip. 
    He have had him for 1 month now (he is almost 4 months). He is a great pup. 
      September 13, 2021 6:20 PM MDT

Yeah pups are great. I imagine that because you held him for the first 3 hours of his new life he formed a lasting bond. Cheers! 
      September 13, 2021 6:35 PM MDT

Walked her. She was a rescue and understood from the get go that she was going somewhere better.
      September 13, 2021 7:01 PM MDT

No one bonds with cats.
      September 14, 2021 5:36 PM MDT